Is an 11:15am flight doable in Tampa?

sellwingri

If we don't take the 11:15 flight, the next non stop isn't until 4pm. We're cruising in January so fog shouldn't be a possibility (I don't think). We had an 11:40 flight last year and don't think we were rushed but I don't clearly remember.

We're in a JS but may upgrade to a GS meaning we'd be able to get off first.

Carry your bags off, grab a taxi to TPA and you should be okay.

I though fog was most likely in the winter months -- Jan & Feb? :confused: Maybe a local can shine some light on the fog issue.

Carry your bags off, grab a taxi to TPA and you should be okay.

I though fog was most likely in the winter months -- Jan & Feb? :confused: Maybe a local can shine some light on the fog issue.

I've read the same thing, Jan & Feb are supposed to be the worst months for fog in Tampa.

Edited by clarea

If we don't take the 11:15 flight, the next non stop isn't until 4pm. We're cruising in January so fog shouldn't be a possibility (I don't think). We had an 11:40 flight last year and don't think we were rushed but I don't clearly remember.

We're in a JS but may upgrade to a GS meaning we'd be able to get off first.

Too risky.

Fog season in Tampa is from December thru end of February.

If you have bad fog that day you will miss your flight. Will that happen? It is anyone's guess.

I would play it safe and book a later flight but I am one of those who does not like stress and I don't want to spend my cruise worrying about this.

Keith

I sailed out of Tampa once, had a 12 noon flight, we hit a storm coming in and were 3 hours late, I barely made my 12 noon flight. Tampa airport isn't as close to the pier as Ft Lauderdale is, but if all goes well, you probably could make it, that time for me would be too stressful.

Edited by doone

What time is the ship's scheduled arrival into Tampa?

The ship is due to arrive at 7am. I'm still torn but may chance it. Sitting at the airport for several hours isn't too appealing.

I still have a few months to decide.

Just think thought the consequences of missing your flight.

If it was me I would be the last off the ship if it arrives on time and I would look into other options and that includes having a nice lunch and you can actually do that at the hotel at the airport.

I would not want to deal with missing the flight and have seen too many things go wrong.

This is fog season.

But as they say it's your decision.

Keith

We returned to Tampa during the winter one time and we didn't even reach the dock until 11:00 am. The staff on board were trying to reschedule folks with flights they were not going to make. They asked those who came by car to please wait to disembark last ( which we did). I can tell you that I was very surprised when we woke up and saw we were still out at sea. Even though I lived in Florida, I was not aware of the fog and the difficult channel into Tampa at that time.