Cheers program vs individual drinks

kembo

We are thinking about doing the Cheers program on our upcoming Fantasy cruise. We are not big, big drinkers but would like to try out new stuff when cruising. We are trying to see if its worth the cost. How much do frozen mixed drinks and beer cost now?

If you drink more than 6 mixed drinks/wine or about 9 beers per day, its definitely worth your money... Specifically if you are wanting to try new stuff and end up not liking it.

We always do cheers. Have a couple of mimosas for breakfast, sit by the pool and drink a few beers, couple glasses of wine with dinner and then more drinks with comedy/discotecha and we are easily saving money every cruise.

If you drink 6 or more beers a couple of soda's and a couple of alchohol drinks a day or 6 alcoholic drinks and soda, this program is the way to go. If you drink less than that I would purchase individually.

Edited by keystonemama

If you aren't big drinkers just get a bottle from Bon Voyage and bring mixers or get soda cards. The price of a bottle is high but will last you a couple of days which would be a lot cheaper than the cheers program.

We tried it on our last cruise and found that we really didn't drink back the money we spent. sure there might be some days/nights that you actually drink the amount that you pay, but what about the days that you get off the ship and drink in the port or you get back from your day off the ship and are extremely exhausted and just hang out and do much drinking. I think there were days when we drank the amount that we paid but there were days that we didn't. We don't think that we will do it again because it really isn't worth the amount of money that you are paying. There are also things that aren't included on the program. I could be wrong but I think the Drink of the days aren't included as well as the shots at dinner that the waiters bring around. Don't quote me on that because i could be wrong.

Others have give you the break even points - remember to consider those numbers are for every day on the cruise, including port days.

Personally, I could hit those numbers on sea days, but, I doubt I could hit them on all the port days.

• 2 weeks later...
How strict are they on the 9.99 cost for drink limit? is that before the 15%? seems i have heard that with the card they just go ahead with what ever you order but would like to know for sure

Yes the $10 drink price is before the 15% tip.

Now with the lower price for cheers for longer sailings puts the break even for 5 drinks at $7.50.

Others have give you the break even points - remember to consider those numbers are for every day on the cruise, including port days.

Personally, I could hit those numbers on sea days, but, I doubt I could hit them on all the port days.

Break even points are now going to change based on the length of the cruise.

Also, DOD and even the shots after dinner are included, just not in the special glasses they have. You can either request a regular glass or pay extra for the special glass.

We are thinking about doing the Cheers program on our upcoming Fantasy cruise. We are not big, big drinkers but would like to try out new stuff when cruising. We are trying to see if its worth the cost. How much do frozen mixed drinks and beer cost now?

On Liberty in May. beers were 6.61 w/tip.....most frozen drinks were 7.95 +tip...Margaritas & similar were either 8.25 or 8.75 + tip....doing this from memory.

The new Cheers package is much more user friendly especially on 7 & 8 day cruises.

Hope this helps

Susann :)