Worth the difference between Balcony and Cloud 9 Balcony?

dtmd

I'm looking at booking a trip on the Sunshine - I'm wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between the regular balcony and the Spa 9 balcony? Also - any balcony rooms to avoid?

Thanks so much!

I'm looking at booking a trip on the Sunshine - I'm wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between the regular balcony and the Spa 9 balcony? Also - any balcony rooms to avoid?

Thanks so much!

Besides spa privilages the room and the balcony are the same.

Yeah the rooms are the same size with different decorations. Supposedly you get better toiletries, etc, but as a guy a bar of soap is a bar of soap.

Also, you get access to the spa...but you can also buy that if you don't book a spa room...you can crunch the numbers on that.

What you also get is no smoking on the balconies. Depending when you sail, that might still be a benefit.

And what I have noticed having a spa room last year is the following: Less noise in the hallways, as they are on deck 11 and 12 and there are just not as many rooms on those decks. Less kids...and I think that is because families usually look to save money and likely don't book the spa room. And what I like the best is having easy access to the shows in the gym and spa. They are huge with a private dressing area. I never shower in my cabin. Also, from deck 11 on the Magic, you can easily get to the back of the ship to the buffet and food counters quickly by taking the outside route on deck 11, bypass all the noise and crowd around the main pool. One flight of stairs is all.

Of course, when it is time to to go to the dining room or theater, you have bit of a trek, but to me that is just needed exercise.

Yeah the rooms are the same size with different decorations. Supposedly you get better toiletries, etc, but as a guy a bar of soap is a bar of soap.

Also, you get access to the spa...but you can also buy that if you don't book a spa room...you can crunch the numbers on that.

What you also get is no smoking on the balconies. Depending when you sail, that might still be a benefit.

And what I have noticed having a spa room last year is the following: Less noise in the hallways, as they are on deck 11 and 12 and there are just not as many rooms on those decks. Less kids...and I think that is because families usually look to save money and likely don't book the spa room. And what I like the best is having easy access to the shows in the gym and spa. They are huge with a private dressing area. I never shower in my cabin. Also, from deck 11 on the Magic, you can easily get to the back of the ship to the buffet and food counters quickly by taking the outside route on deck 11, bypass all the noise and crowd around the main pool. One flight of stairs is all.

Of course, when it is time to to go to the dining room or theater, you have bit of a trek, but to me that is just needed exercise.

As noted above this ship doenst have spa cabins ...so you would not get anything different.

I agree with the post ..the OP is probably confusing a cabin located on spa deck with a spa cabin.

Thanks so much!

We used to book a Spa Deck Balcony Stateroom because they were all non smoking. We didn't have to worry about our neighbours blowing smoke in our direction.

You usually get access to the spa, upgrade amenities , better shampoo, , lotion, soap, slippers and a few other things. Our beach/pool towels were a different colour as well.

Decor may be a touch different. Other then that...the room and such is the same size!

Edited by vacation_junkie

I was in a Spa balcony deck 11 the end of June on the Dream and loved it. There is a lot less noise in the hall (except for the one room at the end that apparently had kids that enjoyed running up and down which drives me crazy). I would easily book a Spa balcony again but only pay a big difference if the ship has a Thalasso pool which Sunshine does not. The extra price just for the steam rooms wouldn't be worth it to me.

WE are booked on the Dream in 27 days in a Spa Balcony. I heard you get a discount on spa services and you get a few free classes. Is this true? Hubby takes the spin classes on board and would love to let him use those for that.

kathy