Price reductions?

tamora

On the 28th Feb P&O are ending their double onboard spending! Does this mean they will reduce their prices they put up or will I have to wait for late saver prices nearer the date of sailing? Thanks for any advice ;)

Only by tracking the price will you know the answer. As soon as the Feb offers ended the prices on cruises I am tracking dropped more than the freebies they were offering.

I will do that too thanks confusing at the moment prices are changing everyday lol

Only by tracking the price will you know the answer. As soon as the Feb offers ended the prices on cruises I am tracking dropped more than the freebies they were offering.

But the double obs does not end until this coming Saturday, so how can you say when they ended the prices dropped:confused::confused::confused:

But the double obs does not end until this coming Saturday, so how can you say when they ended the prices dropped:confused::confused::confused:

There were post Christmas offers which ended the first Monday in February. As soon as this ended the OBC fell from $280 to $150, but the quoted cruise price dropped £1400.

Edited by Thejuggler

There were post Christmas offers which ended the first Monday in February. As soon as this ended the OBC fell from $280 to $150, but the quoted cruise price dropped £1400.

Dont want to nit-pick but your post is confusing me. Why are you quoting OBC in dollars? and prices haven't dropped (yet), nor has OBC, I know this to my cost.

You sure you are talking about p and o??

If I have got the wrong end of the stick, I apologise.

I have been tracking the cost of a cruise that I have since gone on to book, while the price has stayed the same, the OBC has changed a few times since I first looked at it. I'm glad we booked as our grade has now sold out and the OBC has since gone now so we're happy with the price we paid. I have found it interesting watching the changes and I will be watching to see what happens in March. :)

Edited by Cruise_lover11

I Booked as soon as our Cruise was released and got a Loyalty Reduction as we'd been on a previous P&O Cruise & Booked before the Cut-Off Date. We got No On-Board Credit but the Reduction is far greater than any Credit I've seen offered!!!!

It very much is Hit-and-Miss. Someone will always get a very good deal if they hold on but some like me prefer the Peace of Mind of know its Booked, where we are & when we are sitting for Dinner.

Dont want to nit-pick but your post is confusing me. Why are you quoting OBC in dollars? and prices haven't dropped (yet), nor has OBC, I know this to my cost.

You sure you are talking about p and o??

If I have got the wrong end of the stick, I apologise.

The figures relate to cruises I am tracking and provide examples of how cruise companies present their offers. It demonstrates to the OP why tracking is the only way to see how prices fluctuate as they asked what will happen to prices once the offers end. Unfortunately you don't know until they do end!

One I'm tracking is a Princess Cruise hence the $ OBC. Being part of the same company Princess and P&O run very similar offers at the same times of year. Both lines offered enhanced offers immediately after Christmas, both are offering them now.

To date I have found the basic cruise price is increased to more than cover the cost of the OBC.

The figures relate to cruises I am tracking and provide examples of how cruise companies present their offers. It demonstrates to the OP why tracking is the only way to see how prices fluctuate as they asked what will happen to prices once the offers end. Unfortunately you don't know until they do end!

One I'm tracking is a Princess Cruise hence the $ OBC. Being part of the same company Princess and P&O run very similar offers at the same times of year. Both lines offered enhanced offers immediately after Christmas, both are offering them now.

To date I have found the basic cruise price is increased to more than cover the cost of the OBC.

Thanks for clarifying! :) lets see what happens come 1st march!

Remind me - do the select fares have the "price promise" in the same way that the vantage fares used to? Regardless of whether P&O honoured the or found small print to not honour the? I seem to remember something about if the price dropped you would get the equivalent back in OBC?

We booked our cruise on launch as well. Insides and outsides and suites are all sold out. Only Balconies left. Glad we booked straight away, but it's an unusual cruise, therefore popular.

We are glad we booked on launch too as our cruise is now £1000 each more, so extra OBC would not give me a better deal.

I'm happy with the price I paid, and OBC I received, it might go down, it might go up - c'est la vie... I did however pay less and get more OBC by booking two cabins instead of one - ie one superior deluxe and the inside opposite, instead of the same superior deluxe on its own...