Dawn Princess - post drydock

Soft serve is/was available in the buffet.:D

The only ship we have been on that had soft serve in the buffet was the Carnival Jubilee. When she came to Australia as the Pacific Sun (see how long ago that was) we were disappointed to see the self-serve soft-serve machine was gone. We were told on board that it had been moved to the crew area.

The only ship we have been on that had soft serve in the buffet was the Carnival Jubilee. When she came to Australia as the Pacific Sun (see how long ago that was) we were disappointed to see the self-serve soft-serve machine was gone. We were told on board that it had been moved to the crew area.

Perhaps it was just outside the buffet, but I had one (actually many more) on the Diamond. Cunard's QM2 also has them in the buffet as well as up by the pool deck.:D

Perhaps it was just outside the buffet, but I had one (actually many more) on the Diamond. Cunard's QM2 also has them in the buffet as well as up by the pool deck.:D

On the Diamond, the soft-serve bar is between the pool and the doors to the buffet. On the Sun/Dawn/Sea it is on deck 12 at the far end of the pool. I take your word for it about QM2 as I haven't been on her. :D

I wonder what they plan on doing for the milkshakes now? I know the kidlets are going to be disappointed....

I doubt whether they will use the "premium" NZ brand.:p

Perhaps they will use full cream with ice and blend it like in the cocktails.

Edited by MicCanberra

Garry will miss the ice cream bar.... Only had it cause it was there and free...a nice little touch.... He certainly doesn't want to pay for it..... LoL

He is not alone, many people will try something or have something as it is included or free, but paying is another matter as they don't want it that much.:D

He is not alone, many people will try something or have something as it is included or free, but paying is another matter as they don't want it that much.:D

There is a good side to that.

I try and have something to eat each week that I wouldn't normally have, because it's free if I don't like it I can always get something else, nothing lost.

Garry will miss the ice cream bar.... Only had it cause it was there and free...a nice little touch.... He certainly doesn't want to pay for it..... LoL

If he's like me he'll pay for it anyway.

On his waistline :D:D:D:D

Rotten free ice cream had to be worth 2 or 3 kg last cruise.

Whilst we were just on the pacific pearl we walked pass the ice cream... Offered to buy him one and he said "nah... Don't need it"

Soft serve ice cream and bread rolls... Garry's weakness lol

Whilst we were just on the pacific pearl we walked pass the ice cream... Offered to buy him one and he said "nah... Don't need it"

Soft serve ice cream and bread rolls... Garry's weakness lol

None of us really need it, but that doesn't stop us from indulging anyway.:D

None of us really need it, but that doesn't stop us from indulging anyway.:D

that is a big jump from free to $5.00 to have an icecream after lunch every day LOL.... sometimes 2 :eek: ....

I rather put that money to a cocktail :D

Next year we are on the sun for 75 days..... 75 x $5 ...... Hmm that is some serious bling from the jewelry shop lol

Yep when we were on the wait list we were working out how much my soft drink package would be and SHE was calculating that in handbags :eek::eek:.

It was a lot of handbags.