balcony dividers

Is it possible to get the balcony dividers removed if someone from each cabin requests it? We have had this done on another cruise line.

You'll get some mixed responses to this question. Some have been successful and others have not. Most recently, we've observed resistance to opening the balcony dividers unless you are in port. They are closed prior to setting sail.

We know how to open them and will we have four cabins in a row lol

You must be so proud that you can defy the rules set forth by a company you buy services from. Heaven hopes nothing happens with one of those heavy doors slamming against someone or something. But, I am sure would never try to hold NCL accountable for your actions.

Mr Beaver no I want to speak to my family, on all my 49 cruises so far we taken never once not have the doors open. Yes, we are aware they can move. Im sure at night we will have them closed. I not a "sue type" of person and again 49 cruises (just got off my 49th this past week) never had any problems.

Mr Beaver no I want to speak to my family, on all my 49 cruises so far we taken never once not have the doors open. Yes, we are aware they can move. Im sure at night we will have them closed. I not a "sue type" of person and again 49 cruises (just got off my 49th this past week) never had any problems.

...and your number of cruises has what to do with the topc at hand? Is there an NCL rule that states you do not need to follow their rules if you have been on more than 40 cruises? Wow, that is good to know, I am at 38 cruises and can forego all their rules very soon.

I assumed you were not a "sue" type person and would take responsibility for your action when someone in your group was injured by one of those heavy doors slamming against a body part. I certainly hope nothing of this sort happens.

Usually the ones that own the ship know very little about how to keep everyone safe!! They normally wait for a guest to come on board and then ask them what to do!!!

If I wanted to talk to friends in adjoining rooms, normally I call or knock on the door. But that's just me!!:rolleyes:

If there is a sign of something that says no opening then I won't but if there is no sign and nobody tells me they cannot be open then....

Its nice having four cabins in a row with balconies and speaking to one another while sitting on our balconies. If somebody is sitting on balcony they won't hear the phone or knock on the door right?

Ilovesailing- Sorry but I do not believe in religion at all. If a loved one gets sick its not God who will get them better its medical science, medicine, etc!! I do not believe in God or any of that stuff...sorry we all can choose what we want to believe in and what not to believe in. So your saying your perfect are you a computer?

Edited by lyndamr

If there is a sign of something that says no opening then I won't but if there is no sign and nobody tells me they cannot be open then....

Its nice having four cabins in a row with balconies and speaking to one another while sitting on our balconies. If somebody is sitting on balcony they won't hear the phone or knock on the door right?

Ilovesailing- Sorry but I do not believe in religion at all. If a loved one gets sick its not God who will get them better its medical science, medicine, etc!! I do not believe in God either sorry. So your saying your perfect are you a computer?

Wow.

Here is your official answer from NCL -You CANNOT open the balcony divider.

"Fire proof balcony dividers were installed to prevent fires from spreading. Balcony dividers should not be open even for connecting all cabins. These doors should only be opened for maintenance purposes"

staff_icon-new.png

Wow.

Here is your official answer from NCL -You CANNOT open the balcony divider.

"Fire proof balcony dividers were installed to prevent fires from spreading. Balcony dividers should not be open even for connecting all cabins. These doors should only be opened for maintenance purposes"

staff_icon-new.png

I guess the good folks on the Pearl never got this memo. We had 3 rooms with the balconies open from the second we got in our rooms until we debarked. It was awesome :D

This was February 2013

Edited by 2kids2cats

Don't tell Beaver1975, he will tell you that you're wrong!

Wow, it is an honor to be singled out amongst the many who say it against NCL policy to have the balcony dividers open. Even the person that quoted an NCL hotel director did not warrant such an honor.

Or are you just personally bugged that someone dare offer a differing opinion than yours and you felt the need to come to a completely different thread and call me out?

Edited by Beaver1975

• 1 year later...

Rules are rules so no is no keep them closed I make a request to the steward if they open them than ok if not no big deal. But I can't believe any BS about fire proof doors no way they are open on the bottom and the top not sealed tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Rules are rules so no is no keep them closed I make a request to the steward if they open them than ok if not no big deal. But I can't believe any BS about fire proof doors no way they are open on the bottom and the top not sealed tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify, they are not fire proof doors, those would be interior doors that are both fire proof and water proof. An exterior door like on the balcony are fire retardant, slow the spread of fire. This restricts the spread of fire to the exterior of the ship while fire fighting occurs. Same reason they want balcony doors closed at all times, in addition to helping with the air conditioning.