Adding "Mealtime Drink Package" ?

Morgsmom

So I called MSC directly and customer service didn't know... (:o)

Hubby and I are booked in a B2 Fantastica on the Divina which came with a mealtime drink package (beer:beer-mug:/water/wine:wine-glass: at lunch/dinner). The "kid" (who is 24) is in a B1; no package. I called to see if we could ADD this to his and they couldn't answer. When I go on the booking I see only the option for the more unlimited (and $$$$) options.

Anyone have an answer? thank you!

Go to msc website under the repurchased stuff.. you will see the meal time be package.. I assume u got it free for booking. And 50 inc?

We are onboard right now and love the mealtime package.. I. The buffet for lunch we go to the back bar as it's less crowded... they said no breakfast drinks with the meal time... on top of that the fantastica drinks... awesome package.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

This is what it says in relation to the Mealtime drink package:

$20 – $22.50 per person / per day

*Prices may vary by ship or sailings date and are subject to change. Please click “SEE PRICING” and login to view packages & pricing for your specific sailing.

Make your everyday meals a special occasion!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

If it's not showing as an option to pre-book, then you'll have to wait 'til onboard and add 15% service charge to the price.

We have the mealtime plans as well as the Fantastica plan . Do you get voucher tickets for meal time.? IF you miss lunch due to a port day, can you use it on another day and get 2 drinks at lunch, dinner?

We have the mealtime plans as well as the Fantastica plan . Do you get voucher tickets for meal time.?

No .......... there will be a code inserted on your cruisecard so the crew will know that you have "Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner". . These times are shown on the ship's daily planners.

This is what it says in relation to the Mealtime drink package:

$20 – $22.50 per person / per day

*Prices may vary by ship or sailings date and are subject to change. Please click “SEE PRICING” and login to view packages & pricing for your specific sailing.

Make your everyday meals a special occasion!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

If it's not showing as an option to pre-book, then you'll have to wait 'til onboard and add 15% service charge to the price.

Correct, it is NOT showing as an option to pre-book at this time. Thanks, all, all for the help!!!

Go to msc website under the repurchased stuff.. you will see the meal time be package.. I assume u got it free for booking. And 50 inc?

We are onboard right now and love the mealtime package.. I. The buffet for lunch we go to the back bar as it's less crowded... they said no breakfast drinks with the meal time... on top of that the fantastica drinks... awesome package.

I will be sailing in Sept and have the same package as you. I'm glad to hear that you think it's worth it! Could you tell me which wines and beer is included in this package? On the website it only says the house whites/red and rose. I've been trying to figure out which brands they're but no luck. Do you know if it includes any sparkling white wine? Thanks so much in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

I will be sailing in Sept and have the same package as you. I'm glad to hear that you think it's worth it! Could you tell me which wines and beer is included in this package? On the website it only says the house whites/red and rose. I've been trying to figure out which brands they're but no luck. Do you know if it includes any sparkling white wine? Thanks so much in advance!

There are 2 sparkling wines - a dry and a sweet - that were available up 'til now. However, they will only be available with deluxe (premium) packages in future, according to MSC UK. When this is being implemented is not very clear.

Bea ... The UK office have told me that they have already been removed from the Allegrissimo/ Restaurant and Bar package which has brought many complaints.

I think people need to re-assess their expectations. The basic drinks package hasn't been increased in price this year and still offers fantastic value with the range of items that it includes.

The same goes for expectations re food offerings! I hear it time and again on this forum how much people have saved by booking MSC instead of their usual company. Then they expect the food to be the same - LOL. Why don't they just use the savings made to eat in speciality restaurants and off the ships in the various ports? They'd still be onto a winner! If I paid the prices for the likes of Celebrity, RCCL and NCL I'd expect a lot better, too! Oh wait, I did! On Celebrity! And it wasn't ANY better - just different! We were in a suite and ended up eating in the MDR instead of "Luminae" - something I would never contemplate doing when in Yacht Club. Anyway ........... off-topic rant over.

I got in touch with the UK office, bytheway. ;) I'm just waiting for a reply.

I talked to the buffet bar person.. he said there are no free wines in the buffet. Only main dining room... said the selection is different.... We had galaxy last night and steakhouse tonight. So I'll ask tomorrow night.

I talked to the buffet bar person.. he said there are no free wines in the buffet. Only main dining room... said the selection is different.... We had galaxy last night and steakhouse tonight. So I'll ask tomorrow night.

Thank you so much!

I talked to the buffet bar person.. he said there are no free wines in the buffet. Only main dining room... said the selection is different....

This is what it states in the link I posted above:

Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner.

The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants and the self-service buffet, but not in the specialty restaurants.

I would call, on my Fantasica booking it automatically showed mealtime restaurant drink package A and C at no charge. We are booked with two adults and one child (age 8 at time of sailing).

Correct, it is NOT showing as an option to pre-book at this time. Thanks, all, all for the help!!!

I would call, on my Fantasica booking it automatically showed mealtime restaurant drink package A and C at no charge. We are booked with two adults and one child (age 8 at time of sailing).

The OP's problem is that one of the cabins booked is a Bella level - so no Mealtimes drinks package included. Hence the discussion.

Beamafar. Oh I understand. Just because one bar attendant on msc doesn't mean that's the policy. My thought is they booked under the free meal drinks with obc... but clearly he said no free wines In the Buffet bar... as the selection is different. We saw a guy trying to get a glass in the buffet yesterday. Not sure if he finally got it... we don't drink so this is a no. Issue for us.

Ok, update to wine in buffet... evidently they didn't have the right code on my card from day one... if you have the meal time package. You will have a 734...right above the restaurant...

They have wine in buffet. House wine... they reversed a lot of charges because we have used tickets when we really didn't have to... also they made it right!!! The code we had was 764 which us for the dining package... but the 734 should have been there also...

331c7e397081e2aa21a51f9064ed4cc0.jpg

Ok, update to wine in buffet... evidently they didn't have the right code on my card from day one... if you have the meal time package. You will have a 734...right above the restaurant...

They have wine in buffet. House wine... they reversed a lot of charges because we have used tickets when we really didn't have to... also they made it right!!! The code we had was 764 which us for the dining package... but the 734 should have been there also...

331c7e397081e2aa21a51f9064ed4cc0.jpg

Glad to hear you for everything straightened out! Do you happen to know what their house white is? I know they have 2 choices for white, but no one has been able to tell me the brand. Hope you guys are having a fantastica time. Thanks in advanced!

Glad to hear you for everything straightened out! Do you happen to know what their house white is? I know they have 2 choices for white, but no one has been able to tell me the brand. Hope you guys are having a fantastica time. Thanks in advanced!

On our cruise the wine was Mondavi Woodbridge and the beer on tap was Heineken only.

On our cruise the wine was Mondavi Woodbridge and the beer on tap was Heineken only.

Yes, that was my guess as that is listed as "house wine" in the packages that you can have sent to your cabin.