Are returning customers acknowledged ?

The form is working today, just done mine now, part of my address is not correct so sent them a mail to correct it and to make them aware how many cruises myself and my wife have been on, see what happens ;)

We have had random 'gifts' including a bridge tour and a BOGOF for a pay extra restaurant which would mean you had to pay out to get your 'gift' :rolleyes: We have had two bottles of Cava, but one of the times we had the drinks package, so not a very useful gift that time!

I didn't know Thomson gave OBC. The only time we had it was on Fire and Ice (£50 each) and that was because we booked early and they don't do DP on ex-UK cruises.

This is after 11 cruises with Thomson. Three cruises so far with P&O and already getting 5% off anything bought on board and trips. Three cruises with Princess and we are on Platinum level as they also include P&O and Ocean Village cruises in their reward scheme :)

I think Thomson rely on loyalty from their customers to get them back on board. I think they may regret this, especially as they now seem to be changing their modus operandi.

Lots of other lines out there to try folks :)

We have been on twelve two week cruises and three one week (one two weeks and two one week last year) I completed the embarkation form when able to do so but have not been able to do this recently and e mailed Thomson and was told you do not have to complete it now. Last year went on my birthday and this year on or 45th wedding anniversary and received a bar of chocolate that said thanks for returning this was on our second week so after all this time recognition icon7.gif

We have been on twelve two week cruises and three one week (one two weeks and two one week last year) I completed the embarkation form when able to do so but have not been able to do this recently and e mailed Thomson and was told you do not have to complete it now. Last year went on my birthday and this year on or 45th wedding anniversary and received a bar of chocolate that said thanks for returning this was on our second week so after all this time recognition icon7.gif

We also got a bar of chocolate. Which after 20 + cruises we considered an insult.

We also got a bar of chocolate. What got me was, although obviously still edible, the best before date only had three days to go. Think it was an afterthought because we didn't get it until two days before the end of the cruise. Others had received theirs at the beginning of the cruise.:eek:

On a personal note I wish they would just give a cruise with good food, entertainment, accommodation, trips, service, value, to name a few, and leave "rewards" out of it.

They had a good product with their fly-cruises but over the last few years it has been getting slowly eradicated.:(

I have 3 future cruises with Thomson. I can fill out the embarkation form for the last 2 but the form does not recognise my booking ref for the first one next month. The address prefilled in for our December cruise has the wrong Town, County and Postcode but the February one is all correct. Regarding the September cruise, I emailed the address given on the Thomson website but the emails keep bouncing back. So, I have emailed the address given for incorrect information on the form in the hopes that that will work. Not that I expect anything from Thomson, but I don't like forms to beat me.

They ask you to fill in a cruise embarkation form so that they can identify returning cruisers, however the embarkation form is hardly ever available or seldom works correctly. Thomson have a lot of work to do on their web site

• 2 weeks later...
It appears to work but the small print underneath says it cannot be processed! What's the point?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That slipped under my radar.

Thomsons website procedures are a disaster area - you couldn't make up some of the failings !!!

Like the unreachable email address if you have any difficulties.

It means WeeCountyMan is trying his best

One tries one's best !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan
update

There are a few threads on this subject but as this one is current I will just add this:

17. Does Thomson Cruises have some sort of loyalty scheme?

We like to offer our customers an individual and personalised service, which is why we don't have a standardised loyalty club. Instead, we prefer to provide thoughtful gestures to our returning customers who book with us as a 'little thank you' for travelling with us again.

We also put our most loyal customers on an email mailing list so they hear about our new itineraries before they go on general sale, plus exclusive discounts and offers.

Does this answer your question ?

• 3 weeks later...
Totally agree with you Kruzeeka with the exception of one point I think they do have historical data and the reason why I say that is when we received our etickets in July I filled out the embarkation form and a week later I received a 'confirmation/eticket', checking it all out, as you do, the only change I could find was they had included 'Anniversary' in special request as it is not our anniversary and I had not asked for anything I phoned and asked why, long story but they replied that they wanted to inform the ship that it was our fiftieth week on board a Thomson ship:eek: but think they got that wrong as I think it was last year when we celebrated our golden wedding at the same time;)

We have now returned from the above cruise and as promised I am reporting back on the outcome, whilst we had yet another fantastic cruise it was the first time in years that as returning customers we did not have any recognition in the form of goodies but were welcomed by a lot of the staff we had had contact with in the past and to be honest I think that is the main point;)

There are a few threads on this subject but as this one is current I will just add this:

17. Does Thomson Cruises have some sort of loyalty scheme?

We like to offer our customers an individual and personalised service, which is why we don't have a standardised loyalty club. Instead, we prefer to provide thoughtful gestures to our returning customers who book with us as a 'little thank you' for travelling with us again.

We also put our most loyal customers on an email mailing list so they hear about our new itineraries before they go on general sale, plus exclusive discounts and offers.

Does this answer your question ?

Not really if some do and some don't - apparently irrespective of how many cruises you've done. It's a lucky dip. I fail to see how they can respond to a question with the word 'loyalty' in it (ie inferring there is one) when in fact many loyal customers get no recognition at all. :confused:

Edited by kruzseeka

We have now returned from the above cruise and as promised I am reporting back on the outcome, whilst we had yet another fantastic cruise it was the first time in years that as returning customers we did not have any recognition in the form of goodies but were welcomed by a lot of the staff we had had contact with in the past and to be honest I think that is the main point;)

Thanks for reporting back PC - and I'm really pleased you had a great cruise. :) Lovely to have the personal touch and a welcome from staff who you have met frequently in the past does make you feel valued. We have many friends on board some of whom we remain in contact with. Lovely people. But I would beg to differ in that I really don't think that constitutes a 'loyalty' scheme. After all since you have done so many cruises with them, and for an Anniversary (50 weeks on board - at least that's what they thought) which they knew about, it's shameful you didn't get at least a bottle of bubbly given some folk get one on their second cruise!!!!

I hasten to add that I really don't care whether I get any 'reward' or not - I go on a cruise for the itinerary, service, ambience and have never failed to have a good time. What I do take issue with is Thomson's attempt to persuade us that there is a loyalty programme when evidence proves it's simply hit and miss - sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't, which can't in anyone's book be called a loyalty scheme. It just causes disappointment and surely doesn't deliver good PR for the Company when so many with lots of cruises under their belts are ignored. But what will be will be - it's not worth getting upset about but the principle of 'loyalty' being a lottery offends me. Either you are loyal or not!!! I just get so cross at the unfairness of it all. Rant over..... will get out and enjoy the sunshine! :D

Edited by kruzseeka

Well put kruzeeka mirrors our feelings and already have three booked for next year, one point probably worth noting is that you now get Bailey's on the AI without supplement, well Mrs PC was happy😍

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Baileys was not on the all inclusive when we were on the Spirit last week. So maybe only on the Thomson run ships