Journey - March 18 2012 Captain & Senior Officers?

spanglycruisegirl

Hello,

Does anyone know who will be Captain ,Hotel Director and Cruise Director on the Journey, March 18 2012 Miami to San Juan ?

Many thanks

Angela

Hi Angela,

As Uktog mentioned, Johannes Tysse and Heike Berdos are expected to Journey's Master and Hotel Director respectively. Tony Markey should be your Cruise Director. This is the same "dream team" we sailed with on Journey last year, and they are all outstanding. You are indeed in great hands !

I can't believe it's nearly a year since we sailed on Journey. We hope to sail with Azamara again in 2012, or early 2013.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Angela,

As Uktog mentioned, Johannes Tysse and Heike Berdos are expected to Journey's Master and Hotel Director respectively. Tony Markey should be your Cruise Director. This is the same "dream team" we sailed with on Journey last year, and they are all outstanding. You are indeed in great hands !

I can't believe it's nearly a year since we sailed on Journey. We hope to sail with Azamara again in 2012, or early 2013.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Andy- you need to get back on. Tony is very nice but I prefer Eric. switching to the Quest in 2013 will be intersting..

We are on the March 30th - April 10th. Hope they will be sailing with us !

Hi Maggie,

I checked for you. Heike & Tony will be onboard. Journey's Master will be Jason Ikiadis. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Hi Maggie,

I checked for you. Heike & Tony will be onboard. Journey's Master will be Jason Ikiadis. Have a wonderful Cruise !

I just had him as captain.. he is rather quiet but his wife was very out going.. cute son.. Thought Johnnes was on into april. i will see him in July.. YEA!

And does anybody know who the Captain, Hotel Director and Cruise Director will be on Quest in April, 2012?

Many thanks,

Sue

I'm interested in knowing this as well. Hope we'll also have a "dream team" on Quest during that time!

Hi Spw & MightyQuinn,

Quest's schedule for April is as follows : Master of Quest - Leif Karlson, Hotel Director - Ryszard Gussman, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve.

Although I've not sailed with any of them, they have all received wonderful comments from previous Azamara Guests. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Quest's schedule for April is as follows : Master of Quest - Leif Karlson, Hotel Director - Ryszard Gussman, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve.

Although I've not sailed with any of them, they have all received wonderful comments from previous Azamara Guests.

Thanks Host Andy. I did a quick search on each of them and, based on many CC comments, I think we're in for a real treat!

Hi Maggie,

Did they mention who would be taking over after April? We are sailing at the beginning of May and I have not had the opportunity to sail with Heike. Was hoping to this time, but I guess it will have to wait until another cruise.

Thanks!

Many thanks, Andy.

We sailed from Shanghai to Hong kong last year with this wonderful group.

Still swooning over Captain Karlson: thought we might start a fan club, but don't ell his gorgeous wife!

Cheers,

Sue

Thoroughly enjoyed Captain Karlson last spring from Singapore to Dubai. He's a hoot, very down to earth and entertaining. And, Ryszard is amazing - so willing to make your wish his command. We mentioned having a movie on deck one night and low & behold the next night there he was adapting the photography screen into a movie screen, setting up all the chairs and firing up an antique popcorn machine. We watched Slumdog Millionaire on the way to Mumbai. An enchanting night. You are in for a treat.

Hi Spw & MightyQuinn,

Although I've not sailed with any of them, they have all received wonderful comments from previous Azamara Guests. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haven't travelled with Leif Karlson but I know with Ryszard and Russ you're in for a treat. Both great!!

Captain Johannes Tysse and Heike Berdos are due to be on until April so you will be in very safe hands

Hi Angela,

Enjoy your Cruise !

Many thanks uktog and Andy,

We are fortunate to have previously cruised with Captain Johannes Tysse, Heike Berdos and Tony Markey but never altogether.....

We look forward to a wonderful cruise.

Angela

• 2 weeks later...

We are Sue and Allyn Edwards from Mission Viejo, CA. This is our first cruise with Azamara, but years ago we were on the Renaissance 4. We are so excited to be on this trip. We really enjoy hiking, dancing, and beach activities. We hope to meet some friends with common interests. Most of all we love to "wine and dine" elegantly! See you soon.

We are Sue and Allyn Edwards from Mission Viejo, CA. This is our first cruise with Azamara, but years ago we were on the Renaissance 4. We are so excited to be on this trip. We really enjoy hiking, dancing, and beach activities. We hope to meet some friends with common interests. Most of all we love to "wine and dine" elegantly! See you soon.

Hi Sue & Allyn,

Welcome to Cruise Critic !

I'd like to suggest visiting your Roll Call for this Cruise : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1495911 . This is where you can meet other Cruise Critic friends on your sailing, and discuss your Journey.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Have known Russ Greive since he was a young peformer with the old "Royal Viking" Line, he hasn't missed a step. He still performs on selected nights. Russ played the lead role on Broadway in "Mama Mia" for quite a few years. As a CD he is one of the best He is very passenger oriented, just engage him in conversation, you will not be disappointed,:rolleyes:

Archived