KLM or Delta

SkiCruiser44

Trying to decide between KLM A330-300 or DL 767-300 from SLC to AMS and would like feedback on the two airlines/planes.

Thanks

While I would take either one....are you aware that most if not all the KLM flights are codeshares and are actually operated by Delta on Delta aircraft?

While I would take either one....are you aware that most if not all the KLM flights are codeshares and are actually operated by Delta on Delta aircraft?

Actually in this case, there is one Delta flight and one KLM flight, about 2 hours apart.

If you are in coach, the difference is not dramatically different. As the Delta flight gets in earlier, that might have some appeal, depending on your plans.

A couple of small points. Assuming you are talking about coach.

1) 767 is 2-3-2, the A330 is 2-4-2. Depending on your party's size, that may matter. The 767 lets you play "couple's roulette" by taking two aisles in the middle section and hoping no one is in the one between.

2) 767 has gasper vents for all seats, though the ones for the middle section are only reachable when standing. I don't believe the A330 has them for KL, but I could be wrong.

3) Depending on the 767, your overhead bin space may be limited. You'll want to board early as possible.

4) DL basically offers Comfort+ as the only seating "upgrade" available in the coach cabin. KL has multiple "upgrades" including Economy Comfort, seats with extra legroom (aka exit rows) and preferred seating (which is just in the front of the non-comfort coach cabin). If wanting better seating, check the pricing for each product.

I have flown on KLM's A330 from ATL to AMS in Economy and was pleased, even surprised.

The flight's regular departure was just after 11:00 P. M. The airline's web site indicated that we would receive breakfast prior to landing at AMS. Much to our surprise, a complete dinner was served after a beverage service upon leaving ATL. An additional beverage service took place during the night and then breakfast service. Our Economy seats (we were in a "2" section of seats) were what one would expect, but leg room seemed more able than I expected. (My upper thighs told me they were "unhappy" about 6-7 hours into the flight, but not a surprise.) Ample luggage bin space, the plane was not full, a decent A-V system, and the flight attendants were very pleasant.

I like Delta. But, I would fly KLM again!

Edited by rkacruiser

Both are good, but I don't like going through Amsterdam. Last time we changed planes there, after coming in from our Lisbon flight, to transfer to our Atlanta flight, we came upon a huge disorganized crowd. We tried to get in a line, but discovered that the line we were supposed to be in was on the far right of the mob. We had some difficulty moving through the mob to get to our correct "line" that was still just the edge of the mob. Since we were leaving a schengen country to go to the USA, we had to go through immigration.

It took us 45 minutes to go through immigration, which I could have been shorter if the mob was organized into proper queues.