Venice - private transfer from port to airport

sohoda

We will be on the Pacific Princess scheduled to arrive in Venice on November 21 @ 6 am. Understand ship must clear customs prior to disembarkation. Have a noon flight; am looking for a private transfer to the airport.f Any recommendations for a private car/cab/transfer would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by sohoda

just returned from Venice.

In my opinion, your best bet would be to get a shuttle from the cruiseline. I paid $24 per person. A private water taxi is going to cost you 100 euro. There are cabs sitting outside the terminal.

However, Marco Polo is a B&%*ch of an airport. If your flight is at 12 noon, you wont be able to get in before 9AM.

Have used the Princess airport transfer in the past. Am concerned that a noon flight will be tight in light of comments I have read about the Venice airport in these forums. Are taxis available at the port or do they need to be reserved in advance?

We have used lowcostaxi twice and they were great both times. They took us from the airport to our hotel, near the cruise port and after the cruise they picked us up at the hotel and brought us back to the airport. They are really great. (Note the spelling...only 1 t ):)

• 6 months later...
We have used lowcostaxi twice and they were great both times. They took us from the airport to our hotel, near the cruise port and after the cruise they picked us up at the hotel and brought us back to the airport. They are really great. (Note the spelling...only 1 t ):)

Just checking back to see if anyone else has other suggestions for private shuttle from the San Basilio cruise terminal to VCE airport.

Thanks

This is who we used a few years ago from the Marco Polo airport to our Venice hotel.

Our hotel was near the cruise ship area at Piazzale Roma.

Our drivers name was Igor and he was waiting for us as we arrived.

He charged 55euro and was very pleasant.

We will use him again next year when we return to Venice.

I highly recommend Tripadvisor's favorite: Andrea. See the Venice Travel Forum remarks about him. We had him transport our family of 4 from Venice cruise port to VCE, and I thought he was fantastic. His van is very large and clean, and he was waiting for us when we arrived. His e-mail is as follows (no website):

ekiprent@tiscali.it

I think you would make a noon flight, even if you use the ATVO bus from Piazzale Roma. We made a 1pm flight, with plenty of time to spare. It's a little tight, but I think very doable, especially if you get off the ship early. (We took our time getting off the boat - we were one of the last ones to arrive in the main dining room to eat breakfast the day of disembarkation.)