Mambo vs. Pirate Bay Beach

cruisecookie

Which beach has nicer facilities -- Mambo or Pirate Bay? We don't plan to eat in the restaurants but we do want a nice relatively quiet beach with clean restrooms/changing rooms, showers, loungers, and umbrellas for shade. Do both beaches have a pool, or only Mambo beach has a pool? We will cruise into Curacao on a Tuesday in January. Will both beaches be equally crowded? Do both beaches back up to the shopping area that I have seen in pictures?

Which beach has nicer facilities -- Mambo or Pirate Bay? We don't plan to eat in the restaurants but we do want a nice relatively quiet beach with clean restrooms/changing rooms, showers, loungers, and umbrellas for shade. Do both beaches have a pool, or only Mambo beach has a pool? We will cruise into Curacao on a Tuesday in January. Will both beaches be equally crowded? Do both beaches back up to the shopping area that I have seen in pictures?

Mambo beach will have nicer facilities , but will be more crowded. Both provide loungers and umbrellas. Pirate bay has more shade than Mambo. Pirate bay doesn't have a pool. Shopping area that you see on the pictures is located where you dock,so both beaches are not close to shopping. The only reason I don't like Mambo beach because it's man made.

• 3 weeks later...

We have never been to Pirate Bay beach, but we did go to Mambo when we were in Curacao for the first time last month. It was so beautiful, that we are looking forward to going back there in March when we cruise. There is a beautiful pool, some shopping and even a Starbucks! It was soooo hot outside that we put our things down on the beach and spent our entire time there in the beautiful water. Hope you have as much fun as we did!

One more thing...someone told us that they got the best milkshakes there. When we go in March we will check the ice cream shop there, before or after we go in the water. The water is so beautiful that you won't want to get out!

• 1 month later...
Can someone tell me , Mambo beach do you need a day pass or how do you get to this beach. By taxi at the port ? How late would you be able to stay as ship in port until 11pm

No day pass required. Just grab a cab at the pier. $3 to get in and you can as long as you want. Mambo beach turns into night club/bar/restaurant at night.

• 4 weeks later...
No day pass required. Just grab a cab at the pier. $3 to get in and you can as long as you want. Mambo beach turns into night club/bar/restaurant at night.

Does the $3 get you a lounger and/or umbrella or are they extra once you get to waters edge? And is Mambo the same or next to the beach that is called the Sea Aquarium beach?

Thanks in advance.

Does the $3 get you a lounger and/or umbrella or are they extra once you get to waters edge? And is Mambo the same or next to the beach that is called the Sea Aquarium beach?

Thanks in advance.

$3 will get you a lounger and use of the facilities. Water sports, umbrella and bar will be extra. Umbrella is $15. Mambo is the name of the beach. Cruisers on this board call it Aquarium beach because of proximity to the Aquarium.

Can someone tell me how much it would cost to take a cab to Mambo Beach? I haven't been able to find any real pictures. Would like to get an idea what it's like. Are there a lot of locals trying to sell you things while on the beach?

Hundreds of pics and reviews:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147277-d1234018-Reviews-Mambo_Beach-Curacao.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know if there are cabs waiting at Mambo Beach to return people to the cruise ships? Cheers.

I did see a couple taxis waiting in the parking lot when we were heading back to our bus. If there are no taxis, you might be able to ask the person at the front gate to call one for you.