Airfare how far in advance?

helene109

Make sure to check both from ORD and MDW. Southwest will at least let you get any price reductions in the form of a future credit so there's that.

If you see a price you are comfortable with, book it. Summer is busy because the kids are out of school. I have gotten the best deals over a hundred days out, up to around day 45 and I check EVERY DAY even after I book.

It just depends on the time of year, route, how many seats are left, etc. There's no magic formula.

Maybe not 100% of the time, but I have found that flying on a Tuesday, Wednesday of Saturday will yield the lowest fares. Also, Southwest may not be the lowest priced option anymore. Ever since their fuel hedge ran out, I have found their fares are more in line with everyone else. But I'm speaking only of my experiences...your mileage may vary.

Also, have you looked at flying into PBI (West Palm Beach)?

Maybe not 100% of the time, but I have found that flying on a Tuesday, Wednesday of Saturday will yield the lowest fares. Also, Southwest may not be the lowest priced option anymore. Ever since their fuel hedge ran out, I have found their fares are more in line with everyone else. But I'm speaking only of my experiences...your mileage may vary.

Also, have you looked at flying into PBI (West Palm Beach)?

The difference for us is the checked bags being included in the fare on Southwest.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No I have only looked at southwest to fly on wed is 55.00 less x 4 but add in the price of another night of hotel would be 3 nights not 2 ugh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But in August in the greater FLL area, you can easily get a hotel room for less than the 220.00 you're saving by flying down on wed.

And I have no clue about hotels in ft lauderdale and preferably there as I have family they will meet us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out the Florida departures section on the boards and search it for help regarding good FLL area hotels. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Useful tip: You don't have to book the same airline both ways. Oftentimes, you can get a better price shopping one way flights on two different airlines. If you are looking for a lower price returning on 8/12, I see Delta has a 1-stop connecting through Atlanta for $112. Leaves Fort Lauderdale 4:45 pm, arrives at Midway 8:41 pm. Even if you pay $25 pp for a checked bag, it's still cheaper than any Southwest flights that day.