Carnival Conquest 8nt Eastern Youtube GoPro Video

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

In December, I cruised on the Carnival Conquest to Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Maarten, St.Kitts over Christmas and I had an amazing time. Here is a short GoPro video that I made and published to my YouTube channel, and I thought that I would share it with the CC board. I hope you enjoy it, feel free to ask questions about the video and cruise as well!

Hello,

In December, I cruised on the Carnival Conquest to Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Maarten, St.Kitts over Christmas and I had an amazing time. Here is a short GoPro video that I made and published to my YouTube channel, and I thought that I would share it with the CC board. I hope you enjoy it, feel free to ask questions about the video and cruise as well!

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for watching it, and hello semi-neighbor! I live in Annapolis! :)

And hello to you neighbor! Annapolis is a great city!!

I see you have been on the Pride a couple of times. Our next trip is on the Conquest out of FLL and then next up is the Pride out of Baltimore. It will be nice to leave from so close to home for once :D

And hello to you neighbor! Annapolis is a great city!!

I see you have been on the Pride a couple of times. Our next trip is on the Conquest out of FLL and then next up is the Pride out of Baltimore. It will be nice to leave from so close to home for once :D

You will have a great time on Conquest. The ship is gorgeous and will surely provide an amazing vacation experience. Grand Turk is great for a free beach (don't pay for an excursion, you might as well do it somewhere else). I have not been to Aruba or Curacao but I have been to La Romana in a resort and I LOVED it. The area may appear dirty from the cruise ship, but it is actually hom to some of the world's best beaches. Isla Catalina is the best beach that I've ever been to. I don't think Carnival offers excursions, but there are many carriers who do, and will pick you up/drop you off at the ship at the end. All the trips are all-inclusive too, so the open bar is nice. If you want to splurge on a port day, I would 100% recommend doing it in La Romana. It is such a gorgeous area, you just need to get out and see it ;)

Pride is also a great ship. I love the layout of the ship itself, and the convienience of leaving from the hometown port always adds to the positive experience. You will have a great time on Pride as well! :D

You will have a great time on Conquest. The ship is gorgeous and will surely provide an amazing vacation experience. Grand Turk is great for a free beach (don't pay for an excursion, you might as well do it somewhere else). I have not been to Aruba or Curacao but I have been to La Romana in a resort and I LOVED it. The area may appear dirty from the cruise ship, but it is actually hom to some of the world's best beaches. Isla Catalina is the best beach that I've ever been to. I don't think Carnival offers excursions, but there are many carriers who do, and will pick you up/drop you off at the ship at the end. All the trips are all-inclusive too, so the open bar is nice. If you want to splurge on a port day, I would 100% recommend doing it in La Romana. It is such a gorgeous area, you just need to get out and see it ;)

Pride is also a great ship. I love the layout of the ship itself, and the convienience of leaving from the hometown port always adds to the positive experience. You will have a great time on Pride as well! :D

I'm so looking forward to it! Thanks for the tips :D I actually booked the Conquest just because of the dates (my daughter's school spring break, the ports and the price). After I booked I started researching the ship (I'm backwards lol) and I am happy to hear many positive reviews. Here I thought I had all of our port days planned and you had to go throw a wrench in plans! Hehe. Yeah, I don't do ship excursions unless I have to (ie: there is no other way to do it with an independent vendor or if it looks like there may be a major time crunch/possibility of not making it back in time). I had planned to do a river/rainforest tour with Seavis Tours in La Romana. But Seavis emailed me back and said that they don't have any other reservations for that one so they may not be running it. Second choice was to do their Saona Island catamaran trip that also stops at the "natural pool". Now I guess I will look up Isla Catalina and see about that. Thanks! In Grand Turk, I plan to rent a golf cart and go to Governor's Beach, Cockburntown, Pillory Beach and White Sands, then back to the conch graveyard and some pool time for the kids at Margaritaville. But one of my CC friends is in the process of convincing me to do a swim with the stingrays excursion in Grand Turk. Hmmmm.... Decisions, decisions. I think I may be leaning towards the stingrays because I'm traveling alone with my 4 and 11 year olds and me navigating a golf cart on pot hole filled roads just reeks of disaster!! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Looking to book the Conquest on a "Last Minute Cruise" and enjoyed your video. Ship looks much like the other Carnivals that we have been on lately. We have always been pleased on Carnival.

Yes, Conquest is built exactly like Liberty, Valor, Glory and Freedom, and could be considered a "cousin" to the Triumph, Victory, or Splendor. If you know your way around the Glory, Valor, Liberty or Freedom, you will know your way around the Conquest in a second. I was very pleased with the Conquest, and this cruise probably ties with my Southern Route on Liberty as my favorite cruise. Thanks for watching the video,if you need any help planning, I would love to help! :D

Thank you so much for the video! I loved it!

The mural on the lobby ceiling was nice; much different than the ships I have been on.

Did you enjoy your wrap around balcony? Those are for suite rooms right?

Was that a tree lighting ceremony in the lobby? Is that why so many people were there? Or was it a concert?

Was there a special menu in the MDR/buffet/steakhouse etc?

Have you cruised over Christmas before?

Thanks again and sorry for so many questions!

Thank you so much for the video! I loved it!

The mural on the lobby ceiling was nice; much different than the ships I have been on.

Did you enjoy your wrap around balcony? Those are for suite rooms right?

Was that a tree lighting ceremony in the lobby? Is that why so many people were there? Or was it a concert?

Was there a special menu in the MDR/buffet/steakhouse etc?

Have you cruised over Christmas before?

Thanks again and sorry for so many questions!

Thank you for watching my video, and do not feel bad about the questions, I made the thread so people could ask them! I enjoyed the wrap around balcony. Although, I stayed in an interior down the hall and the balcony belonged to a member of my party, I sat on it frequently and enjoyed the views from it. Those who stayed in it also really liked both the balcony and the room, and they said they would book another one in a heartbeat. The room was not a suite, it is classified under the "balcony" category, and once you go in, it will be titled 'Premium Vista Balcony", which is the aft wrap-around balcony. We/They chose Deck 7 so we would be above and below cabins, making it more quiet in the room, so I would recommend the same to you.

The tree lighting was part of the Christmas Eve show in the lobby. Many people were there because they wanted to see the tree lighting. I actually sped it up in the video so I could condense my time to match the song, but it is slower and more drawn out in real life, which will make it a little more meaningful. It was my first Christmas cruise, but I absolutely loved cruising at Christmas, and I would defintiely do it again! I spent Christmas Day tanning on the beach in Grand Turk :D

Our menu was special on Christmas Eve in the MDR, but I cannot attest to the menu in the steakhouse, because I never went to it. I cannot remember how it was different, but I remember noticing how the menu had just been printed that day, and only for that day (one of our party members had a food stain on their menu, which shows that the paper was not printed to be durable and that it wouldn't be needed after that night), and it also said "Christmas Eve" at the top, so I believe that it was a special menu. Sorry, I do not remember the specific items.

I hope I helped you, please let me know if I can do anything else!

Thank you for watching my video, and do not feel bad about the questions, I made the thread so people could ask them! I enjoyed the wrap around balcony. Although, I stayed in an interior down the hall and the balcony belonged to a member of my party, I sat on it frequently and enjoyed the views from it. Those who stayed in it also really liked both the balcony and the room, and they said they would book another one in a heartbeat. The room was not a suite, it is classified under the "balcony" category, and once you go in, it will be titled 'Premium Vista Balcony", which is the aft wrap-around balcony. We/They chose Deck 7 so we would be above and below cabins, making it more quiet in the room, so I would recommend the same to you.

The tree lighting was part of the Christmas Eve show in the lobby. Many people were there because they wanted to see the tree lighting. I actually sped it up in the video so I could condense my time to match the song, but it is slower and more drawn out in real life, which will make it a little more meaningful. It was my first Christmas cruise, but I absolutely loved cruising at Christmas, and I would defintiely do it again! I spent Christmas Day tanning on the beach in Grand Turk :D

Our menu was special on Christmas Eve in the MDR, but I cannot attest to the menu in the steakhouse, because I never went to it. I cannot remember how it was different, but I remember noticing how the menu had just been printed that day, and only for that day (one of our party members had a food stain on their menu, which shows that the paper was not printed to be durable and that it wouldn't be needed after that night), and it also said "Christmas Eve" at the top, so I believe that it was a special menu. Sorry, I do not remember the specific items.

I hope I helped you, please let me know if I can do anything else!

Thanks for the information about the balcony... Do you think the room itself is larger than your standard balcony room?

Very neat about the tree lighting and the special menu. Doing things like that will make it feel more like Christmas at home away from home!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Thanks for the information about the balcony... Do you think the room itself is larger than your standard balcony room?

Very neat about the tree lighting and the special menu. Doing things like that will make it feel more like Christmas at home away from home!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Yes, the room was larger than an actual balcony room. However, you will be without a couch, because they cannot fit it in the room given its odd shape, but the room was pretty large and spacious. If the couch is a big deal to you though, you may want to settle for an actual suite, which will have the bigger balcony and the bigger couch, plus the increased space.