Promenade stateroom question

Sandifer

I am looking at booking a promenade stateroom on navigator of the seas but it is on deck 6. With the promenade on deck 5 will it be noisy in the cabin? Also do you think the promenade staterooms are significantly better than an interior? Thanks in advance for advice

I am looking at booking a promenade stateroom on navigator of the seas but it is on deck 6. With the promenade on deck 5 will it be noisy in the cabin? Also do you think the promenade staterooms are significantly better than an interior? Thanks in advance for advice

I can't address the first question since I haven't been on Nav, but was on Voyager with a promenade room and it was great. Definitely worth the difference in an interior room. We thoroughly enjoyed "people watching" from our room, plus had a great view for the parade. In fact, I enjoyed it almost as much as our last oceanview room.

we have always been on deck 8 so noise has never been a problem. When they have the parades the music is loud but it is over before 11pm and the good thing is you can watch the parades from your room.

Just remember to keep the drapes pulled when you change as the people acroos can see in.

The other good thing is the room is not as dark as an inside, as you have lights from the promenade area.

We love this Inside cabin. Sue

We were on the Navigator in 11/13 and had a PR cabin 6593 just above the jewelry store. I don't sleep well at night and I found when I woke up in the middle of the night I could hear soft music playing from a speaker that must have been adjacent to our cabin. We previously had a PR cabin 7295 near the same area and didn't hear much except during the parades. In the future I would try to be above deck 6.

We were just on the Navigator 2 weeks ago, 6289, and liked our promenade room quite a lot. We were able to get it for the same price as an interior room. It was very nice to have a great vantage point for the parades and Royal Promenade dance parties. We also enjoyed sitting on the "window seat" and people-watching. We could hear the soft music that's played pretty much around the clock, but we are not light sleepers and didn't find it disturbing.

Also a fan of Promenade cabins for a quick and inexpensive cruise fix. I think the extra few square feet is definitely worth it over a regular inside cabin. I enjoyed the 2 love seats and would sit in the window and watch the world go by. I was on Deck 6 and the only time I had noise issues was during the 2 parades and that was just for a short time. It didn't bother me.

LOVED the close proximity to all the venues on Deck 5!

Um/\... just be sure to close your curtains when you're getting dressed/undressed. If you're in there w/ the lights on, it's pretty easy to see inside your cabin. :eek:

Did one on our last cruise. The cabin was fine, but the drapes were drawn most of the time to insure privacy. No noise issues to speak of.

Location is important though. Our location was not good for viewing parades or parties. If the difference from a standard inside is small, I would do it again, but it was not as good as I anticipated.

We did a Promenade room for the first time last February on Navigator, and I loved it so much more than I though I would! We had done an inside once years ago and I *hated* it, and was afraid this wouldn't be much different but it totally was. Those few extra square feet make a huge difference, but the window makes an even bigger difference. It just feels twice the size of an inside to me. Ours was on deck 7, which was perfect to me. Could still see the parades and people-watch perfectly (and hear the parade music), but the regular noise was dampened a good bit. I loved sitting in that window seat and just watching people go by.

I do love the balconies we usually get most of the time, but would book another Promenade room in a heartbeat!

-gina-