Carnival Legend

lhuggi1

It was a nice ship. A bit dated, but nice. The lines at all food venues were crazy. The "24-hour pizza" was usually closed by 7 pm. The service was perfectly adequate, but not the over-the-top service we had on the Magic. (Crew may have changed since we went.) We were cruising Alaska, so we didn't really partake in any of the outside activities. Strongly disliked the CD we had. The shows were excellent, never went to the comedy club.

We sailed on it last summer to Alaska... I assume that's also where you're going?! It's a decent ship, smaller for sure. But I'm not on it for fancy, I'm there to see Alaska. We really enjoyed it! You can see my trip report in my signature. Oh and I agree, didn't care for the CD either. I keep forgetting her name, older British woman with red hair.

Legend is probably our least favorite ship so far....just the decor. It has the old Vegas black and gold with tons of mirrors look. Just not my thing.

Other than that....it is fantastic. We loved the cruise to Alaska. We had Jen Baxter as our CD (had her on Freedom before) and she was actually better than we expected. When she was on the Freedom we didn't like her insane over-the-top Brit humor. On Legend, she was more subdued and likeable.

Food.... really the same as every other ship. Yes, lines were long at peak hours.

Entertainment....was really good, other than the fact all the bands and singers had the same playlist of songs...got old. Playlist Performers were very good, especially Epic Rock, of course. Comedy, very good.

the big thing about Alaska.... it is all about the ports, and whale watching on the top deck...listening for the Naturalist to make announcements telling you what she sees and what side of the ship. It was funny to even see the staff on the Lido go running to the railings and windows to look when she saw something. LOL

Loved the cruise....ready to go back.

Legend is probably our least favorite ship so far....just the decor. It has the old Vegas black and gold with tons of mirrors look. Just not my thing.

Other than that....it is fantastic. We loved the cruise to Alaska. We had Jen Baxter as our CD (had her on Freedom before) and she was actually better than we expected. When she was on the Freedom we didn't like her insane over-the-top Brit humor. On Legend, she was more subdued and likeable.

Food.... really the same as every other ship. Yes, lines were long at peak hours.

Entertainment....was really good, other than the fact all the bands and singers had the same playlist of songs...got old. Playlist Performers were very good, especially Epic Rock, of course. Comedy, very good.

the big thing about Alaska.... it is all about the ports, and whale watching on the top deck...listening for the Naturalist to make announcements telling you what she sees and what side of the ship. It was funny to even see the staff on the Lido go running to the railings and windows to look when she saw something. LOL

Loved the cruise....ready to go back.

Yeah, good way to describe the ship! And yes, Jen Baxter was her name. We didn't care for her at all. We just felt that she was always trying to be someone/something she wasn't. Hard to explain, just didn't care for her.

But you're right, it's all about the scenery. We would just sit on our balcony at times, bundled up in jeans, sweatshirts, and the bathrobe on top to watch for whales and such. My son is the one who spotted the Mola Mola in my trip report!

Although you mention the staff going to look, and that was a problem, IMO. We were at the big deck sail on the Lido deck and the lines were ridiculously long. And to top it off, one of the women checking people out went running over to look out the windows.

Yeah, good way to describe the ship! And yes, Jen Baxter was her name. We didn't care for her at all. We just felt that she was always trying to be someone/something she wasn't. Hard to explain, just didn't care for her.

She's the one. I found her to be incredibly raunchy at "family friendly" shows. I don't mind some of that humor for myself, but had my son with me, and specifically only went to family friendly shows.

That being said, we certainly didn't let her ruin our cruise! Alaska was AMAZING, and I would go back tomorrow, if I could.

Actually I've done Alaska on the Spirit or Miracle just can't remember exactly. But the Legend is actually taking me to Hawaii this time. Thanks for all the great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I like Jen Baxter. Always telling us about whales or other things to look for. Legend is my favorite ship. Since she went to Australia they added a bunch of security cameras. One of the security guys told me they have issues in Australia.

My mistake. I thought that was the naturalist.

My mistake. I thought that was the naturalist.

I thought so too! I think Jen did mention some things, but I was always hearing the naturalist. I know this because Jen has an accent and the naturalist on our ship was actually somewhat soft spoken, so sometimes hard to hear!

Looking for anything on the Legend. I searched the forums and can find very little. Booked on it this coming September so just wanna read some reviews and see some pics etc

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Legend to Alaska in 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed the ship. Smaller ship by the numbers but didn't feel that was to us. That trip was our second on a Spirit class ship and I really enjoyed it. We are booked on the Legend again this June and can't wait. Have Fun.

• 7 months later...