Attire aboard Oasis of the Seas

My hubby and I will be traveling on the Oasis to the Eastern Caribbean and we haven't been on a cruise in MANY years. On the formal nights, how formal is the norm? I would like to go all out (gown---tux etc.)...hubby hates the thought of dressing up for anything. Thoughts??

So, for formal nights in MDR it WILL be ok if I wear dress pants, dress shoes, and a nice dress shirt WITHOUT a tie, without a jacket? I know what is suggested, but flying and packing so much easier without a suit or tux. OR do I need to take a tie to wear with a dress shirt and no jacket - looking for advice - sailing on Allure.

So, for formal nights in MDR it WILL be ok if I wear dress pants, dress shoes, and a nice dress shirt WITHOUT a tie, without a jacket? I know what is suggested, but flying and packing so much easier without a suit or tux. OR do I need to take a tie to wear with a dress shirt and no jacket - looking for advice - sailing on Allure.

You will be fine, no one cares.

Yes you will be fine, just got off Allure. My parents joined us and my dad (blue collar carpenter) does not own a tie and he just wore black pants and a button down shirt. Nobody said a word. Even though Royal took shorts off during the casual nights- plenty of men wearing shorts and flip flops. Just someone said earlier, they don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can go anyway you want. Some people really go all out and I think it is part due to getting a good picture of themselves for posterity. There are others who look like they are going out to the beach. If you are going to go with the beachwear look, please don't dine in the main dining room but use the Windjammer. How often do we get to go all out, use the opportunity to look like you are walking the red carpet!

First time I have ever disagreed with you, I read the Formal Night treads and I do believe maybe one or two posters would care.:'):p

Guess I should have been more specific and said that no crewmember cares.:)

He may feel overdressed.

Last few cruises because of the heat i have not brought my Jacket but always wear a tie and long sleeved shirt on formal night.

My wife has lots of evening dresses but now wears cocktail dresses every night,they look nice and weigh less in our cases so she can bring a different one for every night and keep within our planes 44 kilo weight allowance.

43 cruises and counting.

You can go anyway you want. Some people really go all out and I think it is part due to getting a good picture of themselves for posterity. There are others who look like they are going out to the beach. If you are going to go with the beachwear look, please don't dine in the main dining room but use the Windjammer. How often do we get to go all out, use the opportunity to look like you are walking the red carpet!

Good point i would not go to beach in my suit nor would i wear beachwear to go to a restaurant.

43 cruises and counting.

I personally love to dress up for formal nights. The whole family dresses up. My husband might complain a little about the suit but he does that just to pick at me.

I am sailing Oasis 4/30/17 and have 2 long formal gowns. The other nights I have dress pants and shirts. I may be one of those rare breeds, but I think you should look decent if you are going to eat in the MDR. I personally don't like shorts in the MDR (before any of you go off, this is my personal preference). I realize we are all on vacation but if I go to a fine restaurant (even on vacation), I dress nicely as I am more comfortable that way.

I wish the MDR would enforce this policy but it certainly won't stop me from having a great vacation.

There is no norm. Dress suggestions are not enforced, so you will see a wide range of attire, from tuxes to shorts.

Thank you for this information. I have seen you answer this before and just makinng sure its correct.

Thanks so much!

I personally love to dress up for formal nights. The whole family dresses up. My husband might complain a little about the suit but he does that just to pick at me.

I am sailing Oasis 4/30/17 and have 2 long formal gowns. The other nights I have dress pants and shirts. I may be one of those rare breeds, but I think you should look decent if you are going to eat in the MDR. I personally don't like shorts in the MDR (before any of you go off, this is my personal preference). I realize we are all on vacation but if I go to a fine restaurant (even on vacation), I dress nicely as I am more comfortable that way.

I wish the MDR would enforce this policy but it certainly won't stop me from having a great vacation.

I agree.

43 cruises and counting.

How many threads on the same topic? Hasn't the horse already died from its injuries?

Well don't post on this thread then because you have just added to it.

Just because you are sick of it a lot of people might be new to cc and this might be the first opportunity they have had to post on a thread on tipping.

43 cruises and counting.

Well don't post on this thread then because you have just added to it.

Just because you are sick of it a lot of people might be new to cc and this might be the first opportunity they have had to post on a thread on tipping.

43 cruises and counting.

Or on dress codes.

43 cruises and counting.