New Port Canaveral Terminal

kruzerci

Has anybody heard which Royal Caribbean ship will be using the new terminal being built at Port Canaveral? With Explorer, Freedom, and Enchantment soon to be sailing from Port Canaveral this winter season, I wonder which will sail out of the the new terminal and which will sail from Terminal 10.

I thought I read that Royal would be using terminal 1 as their primary terminal once it was ready.

I thought I read that, too. Isn't it slated to be done within a few weeks? I wonder what they will do when Enchantment and Explorer and Explorer and Freedom share a turnaround day.

I thought I read that, too. Isn't it slated to be done within a few weeks? I wonder what they will do when Enchantment and Explorer and Explorer and Freedom share a turnaround day.

Last I heard, the terminal was scheduled to be finished in December.

All news reports are saying that it will open on time which is to be in nov

Which should make watching the construction webcam really interesting over the next few weeks, considering they're still dredging, still digging on the land side, and haven't installed any pier sections yet. :eek:

Which should make watching the construction webcam really interesting over the next few weeks, considering they're still dredging, still digging on the land side, and haven't installed any pier sections yet. :eek:

Agreed. I was at Fishlips on Sunday and there's no pier yet.

I was at Grill's this past weekend and they have a lot of dredging to do and no pier. I was told it will most likely be middle of December but even that looks impossible. From what I understand the building is pretty much complete

Just saw on the news this morning they were swinging a steel beam over Grill's Restaurant over the weekend and dropped it on the roof of the restaurant. It appears it was dropped on the side building that houses the restrooms and the band . No one was hurt.

We are sailing on the explorer on Dec 23 out of Port Canaveral was hoping to see the new terminal but not this time I guess.

Well, you will see it from the outside as you cruise by, but it does not look like we will be seeing it from the inside until Dec 27th, or after.

It has been fun watching them build the new terminal. I knew things were moving along when they installed the palm trees. I have watched since before the parking gargage was even built. But from the web cam view I have not been able to figure out where at Port Canaveral the terminal is located. Is it on the south side near FishLips or is it on the north side somewhere?

We'll be in Orlando mid-month. Maybe we can drive over on our way back and check out the terminal.

It has been fun watching them build the new terminal. I knew things were moving along when they installed the palm trees. I have watched since before the parking gargage was even built. But from the web cam view I have not been able to figure out where at Port Canaveral the terminal is located. Is it on the south side near FishLips or is it on the north side somewhere?

We'll be in Orlando mid-month. Maybe we can drive over on our way back and check out the terminal.

It is on the Fishlips side, I believe down near the park. :cool:

Edited by bigque

South side (Fishlips side) just east of Grills. There used to be a public boat launching ramp next to Grills, and that was removed as part of the terminal construction.

Now when we do our back to back cruises, we can walk over to one of the restaurants for lunch.:)

South side (Fishlips side) just east of Grills. There used to be a public boat launching ramp next to Grills, and that was removed as part of the terminal construction.

Now when we do our back to back cruises, we can walk over to one of the restaurants for lunch.:)

They dropped a huge I-beam on top of Grill's roof yesterday afternoon:eek: Not sure of the damage, but at least no one was injured.

They dropped a huge I-beam on top of Grill's roof yesterday afternoon:eek: Not sure of the damage, but at least no one was injured.

Good that no one was injured. I wonder if thet have been able to remove all the old piles yet?

Just heard on the news this morning that the target date now for Terminal 1 to open is December 27

I might have to ask the web cam people if they have plans to cover this new area. I know its barely on topic, anyone have any thoughts on Fishlips vs Grills for watching the ships depart on a Saturday afternoon?

Edited by BillOh