How common is Grouper on cruise menus?

NoLifeDGenerate

I was on a Carnival cruise about 10 years ago, and my favorite meal the entire trip was Grouper. I took an NCL cruise to the Bahamas in January and was disappointed it never appeared on the menu. I'd like to cruise Princess next, and I'm curious as to whether they serve it, how common it is, etc. Is it only offered a certain time of year or in a certain region, certain cruise lines, etc?

Grouper is expensive now, and while not endangered is not fished as heavily as it was 20 years ago. It also has to be served FRESH, not a great frozen fish, so no, you wont find it on cruise ships these days-BUT-if you get to the Bahamas, enjoy! We are sailing into Nassau in September, and I am praying its on the menu at the Bahamian Kitchen!

FWIW, I read an article today that indicated there are 64 different species of fish that can legally (in the US) be sold as "grouper." Most common fish names as sold retail actually encompass a range of species, but that is quite a long list. Anyway, I imagine that one might find many differences among them.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually on at least one night, Carnival serves an expensive or not-usually-seen fish at dinner. Two cruises ago I had roasted sea bass, and in April one night I had corvina, which I had never tried before. Both were delicious.

Usually on at least one night, Carnival serves an expensive or not-usually-seen fish at dinner. Two cruises ago I had roasted sea bass, and in April one night I had corvina, which I had never tried before. Both were delicious.

Could you come up wit h a bigger signature? Goddamn, dude. It covers the whole screen even at 1920x1080 resolution.

Could you come up wit h a bigger signature? Goddamn, dude. It covers the whole screen even at 1920x1080 resolution.

Sorry, I am using my phone and I don't see the signature graphics here. I actually have 3 upcoming cruises to add, so I'd like to find a way to post a countdown which takes up less space. Oh, and I'm not a dude. [emoji15]

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Grouper is available on the Norwegian Getaway in the Ocean Blue. They also had other items that are typically sold in higher-end restaurants such as Lobster, Dover Sole, and Black Sea Bass. This place is worth the added cost.

Grouper is available on the Norwegian Getaway in the Ocean Blue. They also had other items that are typically sold in higher-end restaurants such as Lobster, Dover Sole, and Black Sea Bass. This place is worth the added cost.

Damn. Too bad Norwegian can't make pizza worth a damn. The itineraries for that ship kinda suck for this year anyway. Has anyone seen it on a menu like this on another cruise line the past year or so?