Recipes from the Carnival Kitchens

PineappleGal

I found my "melting chocolate cake" receipe. It is served with vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients

semi sweet chocolate 7 lbs

butter 7 pounds

fresh eggs 70 eggs

sugar 1.8 lbs

flour 2.5 lbs

Method:

Melt chocolate and butter

mix half egg and sugar and whisk for a few minutes and add flour. Then add balance of eggs.

Add egg mixture to the melted chocolate mixture

Pour the mixture in the "ramekin cups"

Bake directly in the oven at 200 C degress for 15 to 20 minutes

serve with vanilla ice cream in 2 oz ramekin cups

The portion size is 100

Question for experienced bakers: What are ramkin cups and can cup cake pans are somthing else be substituted be substituted?

I just wanted to add my opinion of the Chocolate Melting Cake. It was phenominal to say the least. Thank you so much to all that have posted it's recipe. I asked my waiter and he said if he had time he would get it from the chef, but he didn't. My husband will be thrilled!!!!

We just got back yesterday from a week on the Triumph touring the Eastern Caribbean. It was fabulous!!! :cool:

Carnival Triumph 3/10/2007

Carnival Ecstasy 1993 ?

Sovereign of the Seas 11/15/2001

Golden Princess 10/15/2005

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have attached files of the Recipe Index, please take look and decide on what recipe you want. Hope it works, please let me know if it didn't work.

Thank you this is a awesome thread. I can't enlarge the index: can you tell me if there is a recipe for "Wilted Spinach and Portobello Mushrooms with Fresh Bacon Bits"? I just returned from cruising on the Conquest and I have been craving this salad, it was really good. Thank you for this thread!

Sorry I looked in all my books and didn't find the wilted spinach salad with Portabello mushrooms and bacon bits. Sorry again, any other recipe you are looking for?

FOR ANYONE ELSE:

Any other recipes I should be looking for?

No, but thank you sooooo much for looking.:)

The Carnival Cook Book DOES NOT have all the recipes served as they advertise. I purchased this book specifically for the Cucumber and Zuchinni soup recipes and neither are in the book.

Wow... thanks for the recipes!!! We sailed on the Conquest last July, and our favorite desserts were the molten chocolate cake, the bitter & blanc, and my personal favorite-- it was a raspberry dessert, I think a cake- but I was the only one at my table that ordered it and I can't remember exactly what it was... just that it was outstanding!!!!

Our group made such a fuss over the molten chocolate and the bitter & blanc that our waiter had them made again especially for us on the last night of the cruise. :) Overall, the food was incredible and we were never disappointed with our meals.

Pineapple-- if you happen to see a raspberry dessert in your cookbook, could you post the recipe? I have found the ones for the other two. I appreciate your help! This post is making me hungry and cruisesick- and we can't go again for 2 more years! :rolleyes:

The Carnival Cook Book DOES NOT have all the recipes served as they advertise. I purchased this book specifically for the Cucumber and Zuchinni soup recipes and neither are in the book.

I have the Chilled Cucumber Soup recipe. Do you want it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

K, I breezed thru this thread quickly and just wanted to ask Pineapplegirl, do you have the recipe for chilled cream of mango soup? Also, could you repost the index of the book please? It was not readable when enlarged and my eyes just couldn't focus on that tiny print. Thank you soooo much for all this work.

Sideline to other posters:

The posted recipe for the Penne in Tomato Cream with Vodka and Caviar is a bit different from the cruise's recipe. It is prepared with chicken stock (Glace de Poulet) and garlic. I have the ship's version which is for 100 servings- I can post it but if someone has it scaled down, that'd be nice :)

Also, the recipe request for the coffee dessert was directly below the Cappucino Pie. Is that what you were looking for?

Finally, the Flourless Chocolate Cake and the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake are 2 different recipes. There are lots of recipes for both out there. I was particularly interested in the Melting Cake and have researched it pretty thoroughly- you can buy kits at the grocery store now. They're called Duncan Hines Signature Desserts- Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. You can use cupcake tins (I have a muffin tin) or buy ramekins at a kitchen store. For the less baking inclined, there is an alternative called Betty Crocker Warm Delights. It comes in different flavors and microwaves in under 30 seconds. DD bought some for us last week. I did the first one for the full 30 and it didn't have much goo, so I did the 2nd one for 23 secs and it was pretty darn good for a store bought treat.

TY for the patience

blessins,

Caly603

• 3 weeks later...

"The Carnival Experience"

Your Favorite Dinner item from the Dining Room is now in a book. Do you remember that item, if not I have the book of all trades the

"The Carnival Experience" the book that has all the recipes you need to have. From the Appetizers, Salad & Soup, to the Entrees and Dessert; I have those dishes and I know you want them. Reply w/the dish and I'll see if I have it and I'll send you the recipe and directions (Maybe a Picture; If I have it).

Hey PineappleGal,

I know this is going to sound weird, did you happen to see a receipe for basically a spaghetti with meatballs? I'm sure it has a fancier name, but I bascially would just love the recipe for the meatballs. They were so delicious, and of course, they only served it at lunch one day on the entire cruise this past Sept. Thanks so much!

Askshorty

12/11/06 - ?, out of Jax - Honeymoon

9/15/07 - Holiday

If anyone knows the answer to this, it would make me sooooo happy!

On the Celebration in 2006, we had bread that was served everyday on the Lido deck. It looked like cornbread, but it wasn't. You could taste the olive oil and whatever else was in it. It was sooo GOOD!!

Please tell me that someone knows what I'm talking about :)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sorry for not posting I've been very busy lately. I will post a list of all the recipes I do have....Some of the recipes are not necessary....so here are some...

• Apple Pie
  • Baked Alaska
  • Black Bean Soup
  • Black Forest
  • Bouillabaisse
  • Caesar Salad
  • Cappuccino Pie
  • Cherries Jubilee
  • Chicken Breast a la Greque
  • Chilled Cucumber Soup
  • Chilled Shrimp Bisque
  • Chilled Strawberry
  • Chocolate Decadence
  • Tres Leche
  • Coquilles St. Jacques
  • Cream of Asparagus Soup
  • Crema Funghi
  • Escargot Bourgignonne
  • Etouffee of Langoustine w/Goat cheese Zucchini Rosti

THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE ITEMS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AND ANY REQUESTS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. GIVE ME A COUPLE OF DAYS TO RESPOND, IT TAKES TIME TO TYPE AND POST THEM HERE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Thanks,

PINEAPPLEGAL

None of the books I have include the Mushroom Ragout or the Melting Cake.... I've tried to recreate the ragout with no luck, hoping they come out with new books soon!!!

This is a recipe I have made a few times that I found online a few years ago... it's pretty tasty. I do it with either mini yorkshire puddings, puff pastry or polenta...

ingredients

* 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil

* 1/4 pound thinly sliced pancetta, coarsely chopped

* 1 1/4 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake and oyster—stemmed and thinly sliced

* 1 large shallot, finely chopped

* 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme

* 1/4 cup Madeira or Marsala

* 3/4 cup heavy cream

* Salt and freshly ground pepper

directions

1. In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a plate; leave the fat in the skillet.

2. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, about 8 minutes. Add the shallot and thyme and cook, stirring, until the shallot is softened. Add the Madeira and cook until evaporated, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the cream, season with salt and pepper and simmer until the ragout is slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the pancetta.