Solo Dining on Carnival

erinmarie424

Hi,Usually if you ask for fixed dining Carnival usually will seat you with other solos if you ask at the same time as asking for fixed dining. Sometimes they will even have a younger singles table and an older singles table. Kendra

I always picked anytime dinning and asked for a table for one. Never had a problem with that. I also know they will be happy to put you with other people if you don't want to dine alone.

You can do that on carnival?

I've just been seated with a "mixed bag" on my Carnival cruises. Some solos, some groups of friends, some couples. I haven't had a truly bad experience yet. Everyone is interesting in their own way.

For breakfast and lunch, I usually dine alone, but I always have something to read and am comfortable spending time on my own.

I would agree that assigned dining is the way to go - I always ask for a large table figuring that with a larger group there is more chance of hitting it off with one or 2 others?

And remember if you don't like your assigned seating simply go to the maître d' and ask to be moved to another table!

I would agree that assigned dining is the way to go - I always ask for a large table figuring that with a larger group there is more chance of hitting it off with one or 2 others?

And remember if you don't like your assigned seating simply go to the maître d' and ask to be moved to another table!

Good point. I'll try to remember to email the maitre'd the week before the cruise and ask to be seated at a larger table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early April on Carnival Sunshine I had anytime dining. The hostess told me it was the worst table in the MDR! And it was. Up against the wall was a bench seat and the fixed table was so close only a small child could sit there. So I didn't have to look at the wall I pulled a chair to the side. The waiter recognized me from another cruise and I got great service.