My first cruise

Jerrilynn70

I have never been on a cruise before and although, ive wanted to, I'm planning to go on one this year. I'm a widow, anyone with suggestions for a first timer planning a singles cruise?

Thank you,

Gigi]

Hi, I think you should be posting this also in the Solo Cruisers section of this board. There is a lot of good advice and info. on there. You should have a great time. What cruise line on you going on? The best part of going solo is that you can do what you want when you want. Did you say you will be going solo? Anyway, have a great time. And don't forget to check out the solo cruisers section.

Jerrilynn70 ~ Welcome to Cruise Critic. I'm going to move your question to our Solo Cruise message board where you will get some good information. This post was placed in our "contest" board so I don't think you'll get responses here.

Good luck....I think you'll love cruising!

I have never been on a cruise before and although, ive wanted to, I'm planning to go on one this year. I'm a widow, anyone with suggestions for a first timer planning a singles cruise?

Thank you,

Gigi]

Jerrilynn, Welcome to Cruise Critic. All my cruises have been solo and I have enjoyed all of them. As far as planning your first solo, a lot will depend on where you would like to go. If you have an itinerary that you would like, then you can look at the different cruise lines to find one with an itinerary that appeals to you. Since you have not cruised before you may want to visit with a travel agent who can help you pick a cruise line that may be a good fit for you. Once you decide on a cruise, then I would encourage you to join the roll call for that particular cruise, and then go to the meet and greet once you are aboard the ship. That will allow you to meet some people before you even leave for the cruise and you will get to know them better at the meet and greet.

Once you decide on a cruise then please come back and let us know which line and itinerary you chose, and we may be able to give you some more things to do to enjoy your cruise. Happy Sailing.

Neil

My first cruise was on the Miracle in 2005. The travel agent totally gave me a bad outlook on cruising but I looked forward and made the the best of everything. I did have a great time and now I only book my cruise with Carnival PVP Steve Kondorosi. He has been fantastic in setting up all our cruise needs and always has been very professional. Thank you Carnival PS. I'm not a party person I'm 63 years old.

My first cruise was on the Miracle in 2005. The travel agent totally gave me a bad outlook on cruising but I looked forward and made the the best of everything. I did have a great time and now I only book my cruise with Carnival PVP Steve Kondorosi. He has been fantastic in setting up all our cruise needs and always has been very professional. Thank you Carnival PS. I'm not a party person I'm 63 years old.

IMG_1644.jpg

Some of my first pics

IMG_1678.jpg

Bathrobe Party

IMG_1546.jpg

Our first drill

IMG_1639.jpg

Off into the sunset.

IMG_1642-2.jpg

And our first waiter he was fantastic and a very hard worker.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't go to muster the moment it's called. I don't want to be against the wall with 5 rows in front of me. I usually go up and wait by the door letting everyone go line up and when traffic slows go out.

That's what I did last time. Let everyone by me on the way up there, tried to be the last one out there, and stayed by the door so I could be the first person out when the drill ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Saint Greg