Football Season Poll

winddawn

What do you think Carnival should show on the Lido big screen during football season?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Carnival should show on the Lido big screen during football season?

• Show the Sunday night and Monday night games on the big screen
    • Show the scheduled big screen movies and only show the games in the sports bars, etc.
    • I don't care. I prefer the shows, music venues, and comedy club instead.

Show the games on the BIG SCREEN! Football is the most popular sport in America. I have seen WAY MORE PEOPLE on deck watching football games then I ever see out there watching movies. There are plenty of other nights during a week long cruise to show movies.

I don't want to sit in my cabin during the cruise to watch football, I can do that at home on a much bigger screen tv. But being able to watch a game under the stars while cruising through the ocean? Thats awesome!

ESPN is not even available in cabin (nor will it be for cost reasons I'm sure!) So cabin watching is not even an option for Monday Night Football.

Why stop here... lets also include NBA games, the MLB Playoffs and World Series, Golf tournaments, etc... :)

None of these events equal the ratings for most REGULAR SEASON NFL games. The NFL is far and away more popular than the other sports. While I agree things like the NBA Finals, and World Series could be shown on the big screen. Regular season baseball, basketball, hockey, etc should not. and Golf? really? does anyone still watch that on tv??

Anyone know which CBS station is available on the ship? Does it vary by ship/port? I'm hoping to watch the Seahawks/Raiders game on embarkation day. The game is on CBS at 1:25 PT, but CBS also has the Broncos/Patriots game at the same time.

Manning's is a sports restaurant owned by the Manning men. It's near the cruise terminal on Fulton St.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Oh no. I guess we will end up there then. He is a big fan of Peyton Manning. Me not so much. I prefer Brady :)

Also, I have to agree with all those that say SEC is the best. (Go Mizzou)

Edited by cruzinlisa

Anyone know which CBS station is available on the ship? Does it vary by ship/port? I'm hoping to watch the Seahawks/Raiders game on embarkation day. The game is on CBS at 1:25 PT, but CBS also has the Broncos/Patriots game at the same time.

Used to be Denver affiliate and now it is Miami affiliate, at least on the east coast. Not sure about west coast departures. While down in the Caribbean, we have picked up the USVI affiliate many times, and a majority of it was in Spanish.

NFL is easily the most popular sport in the USA. On most of Carnival's cruises, Americans are primarily the dominant travelers. It makes complete sense to put the most watched sport, by the biggest group of people aboard on the biggest screen at night. I dont know how many of you have been to the "sports bars" during football seasons, buts its nearly impossible to get a seat in there.

NFL is easily the most popular sport in the USA. On most of Carnival's cruises, Americans are primarily the dominant travelers. It makes complete sense to put the most watched sport, by the biggest group of people aboard on the biggest screen at night. I dont know how many of you have been to the "sports bars" during football seasons, buts its nearly impossible to get a seat in there.

This! On the money right here!

and lets not forget the popularity of fantasy football as well. So even people who may not be able to watch their favorite local team onboard are still interested in the games that are being shown and seeing scores and stats from other games to follow their fantasy teams.

The popularity of the NFL continues to grow and is far more popular than every other sport in the USA. Regular season NFL games out rate basically everything else in NFL all the time. And Playoff and Super Bowl ratings are astronomically higher than THAT even!

If these cruise lines really want to capitalize on the popularity of the NFL they should partner with one of the off shore gaming companies and offer a sports book at sea! Think of the endless revenue stream that would be!

Huge sports fan and love football. I voted sports bar because I love the atmosphere in sports bars. Not everyone on the ship is and as long as there is a great place to watch the game I am good to go. No need to make everyone else have to do the like.

Amen and only won the bcs because auburn decided not to show up. Come on carnival put saturday games on the big screen lol.

That's right! Hard to make out but this is from my cruise last Nov where they showed LSU-Texas A&M on the big screen. Great atmosphere! ImageUploadedByForums1406648875.929624.jpg.2c0b57c42240913eaa8e579594229861.jpg

I usually don't check out the theater until the cruise is almost over. Not the best movies that are available. That would change if NFL was on only two nights. I most likely would go there. The EA sports lounge is small on The Sunshine. It's near the shopping area, that's what I thought it was until someone pointed it out.