What Cruise Lines Offer Something Similar to Royal/Celebrity/Azamara's Choice Air?

helen haywood

On Celebrity when I do a trans-atlantic, I purchase one way air from their Choice Air program which is about 1/4 of what it would cost me to purchase the air myself. Do Princess or HAL or other cruise lines offer a similar program?

Never sailed on HAL; Princess cruiser.

Princess has very good pricing with their Air Program on Trans-Atlantic flights.

FWIW this is what I found from HAL: When I sailed a HAL repo cruise Montreal to Ft Lauderdale I tried to check what the one way airfare from home to Montreal would be through them. The search for flights function on the HAL website has no provision for one-way flights, only round-trip; I entered first leg as FLL-YUL but the site would not allow me to proceed further without entering a return flight from FLL to somewhere despite recognizing FLL as my home city. Never tried to find out if calling them would get me a one-way quote as I found one way business class on Delta FLL-ATL-YUL cheaper than coach on AA/US through New York.

Edited by fishywood

FWIW this is what I found from HAL: When I sailed a HAL repo cruise Montreal to Ft Lauderdale I tried to check what the one way airfare from home to Montreal would be through them. The search for flights function on the HAL website has no provision for one-way flights, only round-trip; I entered first leg as FLL-YUL but the site would not allow me to proceed further without entering a return flight from FLL to somewhere despite recognizing FLL as my home city. Never tried to find out if calling them would get me a one-way quote as I found one way business class on Delta FLL-ATL-YUL cheaper than coach on AA/US through New York.

One of the advantages with Princess EZAir is that you can book one-way flights.

Princess has very good pricing with their Air Program on Trans-Atlantic flights.

One of the advantages with Princess EZAir is that you can book one-way flights.

Princess also allows Flights to be booked several days ahead of the Cruise;

allowing pre-Cruise stays.

Trans-Pacific flights are also very competitive.

On Celebrity when I do a trans-atlantic, I purchase one way air from their Choice Air program which is about 1/4 of what it would cost me to purchase the air myself. Do Princess or HAL or other cruise lines offer a similar program?

As you probably already know, but for the benefit of others who may be reading, when you see a price that is that much lower than what the airline is charging when booked directly with them, it is very likely a different type of ticket. Yes, it may show the same flight number and flight time. Yes, you may be able to choose your seats. Still probably a different ticket though, subject to different rules and restrictions. See the sticky above on cruise air for more info, and potential ramifications of such a ticket. Buy the ticket from whatever source you prefer, just do it with full knowledge of what you are or aren't getting.

We usually take a look at cruise line air pricing. We have only had one good price-last October on an RCI cruise air pricing one way from Barcelona-Calgary. And it was a late booking...30 days out from sailing date.

We came back from Australia on a one way ticket this past April. We had been on a Princess and an RCI cruise. Neither of them had very good prices on a flight home. We did much better arranging it ourselves. In fact, we were able to get a flight to Honolulu, stopover for one night, and then get a flight home for a total price (including hotel) of less than either of the RCI Choice Air of Princess air quotes. Perhaps it depends on the route and timing.