Calculations for Captain's Club points

Mytravellove

I am new to Celebrity and just wondering how the Captain's Club points are accumulated. I am planning on travelling solo in an inside cabin on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. The Celebrity cruise site tells me that I get double points travelling as a solo. Does that mean I will accumulate 14 points on a 7 day cruise in an inside cabin?

I have cruised before on Princess, Carnival & Holland America and am Elite on Princess.

Any guidance will be helpful and if this has been discussed before, just let me know. Thanks.

Thank you for your quick replies. Now deciding if I should splurge and book into a Veranda or Concierge class. Looking to collect the club points in a cost & time effective way as my vacation time is limited.

I am comfortable in an inside cabin when solo as I spend most of my time out and about the ship and in the ports.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

After you earn 150 points, you will reach select level but the perks aren't of any real value until you reach elite level, which begins after earning 300 points.

You will reach elite much quicker in a concierge cabin or higher but the cost of these cabins oftentimes is not worth it if your only purpose is to reach elite status, especially when you mention you are happy enough in an inside cabin ... that's just my opinion.

But just of note, usually the categories of oceanview and above get an added perk, maybe two.

Thank you for your quick replies. Now deciding if I should splurge and book into a Veranda or Concierge class. Looking to collect the club points in a cost & time effective way as my vacation time is limited.

I am comfortable in an inside cabin when solo as I spend most of my time out and about the ship and in the ports.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

What I would do if I were you is to first compare the prices and perks between an inside and an Ocean View Often the Ocean View come with one perk which might be more valuable than the cost difference. Also look if there are additional pricing for additional perks and determine where you get your best price.

I would then book the lowest cost cabin you can get and as you get closer to sailing (even after final payment) you can upgrade for the difference in fares. I have seen a number of times where you can get a Veranda for almost the original price of an inside. It all depends on the popularity of the cruise and the bookings.

For a 7 day cruise in an inside cabin (2 Points per night) you will get 2X7 = 14 but since you are traveling Solo you will double that so you will accumulate 28 points.

Didn't know about this. It's True?

- Joel

• 4 weeks later...