An Exhaustive Review of Our Exhausting Hawaiian Adventure

kwbound

Awesome review kwbound - I see you are a fellow Texan! We are right smack in the middle of New Braunfels and Boerne. I loved all of your info on Hawaii - I read it when you first posted, but now I am going to have to go back and re-read a lot and gather new info, as I have now decided I don't want to do a cruise through Hawaii, I would rather do a land trip and take our time, I wanted to do it last year for our 25th anniversary but life got in the way - which leads me to my question - are you going to do a blog anywhere about your recent land trip in Hawaii? You have such a wonderful way of writing I would love to see your land trip details somewhere. Its like reading an amazing travel journal. I have jotted notes here and there from The Travel Channel, but its rather sporadic. Your cruise post gave me a lot more ideas.

Thank you again for taking the time to give all of us fellow cruisers and travelers such amazing details! Take care

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great info, we are on Legend of the Seas from Ensenada to HA in May and this really helped.

As for TSA confiscation...I suspect Calif. is the culprit because of their regs, at least for the fruit flies.

Funny, they will allow you to ship it all back to the states but won't let you take it with you....odd isn't that????

Since we will be with on island relatives for post cruise 4 day stay in Honolulu, we will have time to mail all our souvenirs back.

Again, really enjoyed your very thorough review.

• 1 year later...

Hello Donna, Back in 2011 you helped me out with my Hawaii Photo Album. At the time you posted a site you used to purchase stickers and backgrounds. I resurrected this thread and did find the link for the company you used to supplement your Mixbook Album. However, they must not be in business any longer since the link doesn't work. Do you have any other websites you use now for stickers and backgrounds? I have been enjoying making photo albums, but I would love some more choices for backgrounds and stickers.

I see your thread continues to help others, just like it helped me back in the day. It was an amazing review with so many helpful hints.

I hope you have had many more amazing vacations since 2011 when we were in touch with each other.

• 10 months later...
Thank you so much for this review. We have already changed several aspects of our trip based on your content, including booking the Sea Quest snorkelling trip. Thanks again.

We can certainly appreciate the time and effort that went into this review, and would only add that things do change over the years - and as far as businesses go, perhaps even more so in Hawaii. What may have been in business several years ago may not be available today. Please do double-check any information to make sure it is still current.

Hello Donna, Back in 2011 you helped me out with my Hawaii Photo Album. At the time you posted a site you used to purchase stickers and backgrounds. I resurrected this thread and did find the link for the company you used to supplement your Mixbook Album. However, they must not be in business any longer since the link doesn't work. Do you have any other websites you use now for stickers and backgrounds? I have been enjoying making photo albums, but I would love some more choices for backgrounds and stickers.

I see your thread continues to help others, just like it helped me back in the day. It was an amazing review with so many helpful hints.

I hope you have had many more amazing vacations since 2011 when we were in touch with each other.

Hello

I'm not Donna but I am a scrapper! I just ordered a bunch of stuff to complete my Alaska album from scrapbooking dot com - great site with a wide variety of items. I also use scrapmytrip dot com - same reasons. Both have high quality items perfect for scrap booking! Enjoy!

Cindi

ps sorry just realized this is an old thread - it popped up in my messages today because of a newer response but hopefully you found what you needed!

Edited by cinbol

Hello

I'm not Donna but I am a scrapper! I just ordered a bunch of stuff to complete my Alaska album from scrapbooking dot com - great site with a wide variety of items. I also use scrapmytrip dot com - same reasons. Both have high quality items perfect for scrap booking! Enjoy!

Cindi

ps sorry just realized this is an old thread - it popped up in my messages today because of a newer response but hopefully you found what you needed!

Thanks!!! No I hadn't found another replacement. I will be sure to look these up. I have just been using what the photo sites have offered. They are improving, but don't always have what I hope to find. I do appreciate you responding to my question to Donna.