Walking Distance Beaches from Port

Hello. I just wanted to know if any of you know if there are any walking distance beaches from Port on any of these destinations?

Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Belize City, Belize

Costa Maya, Mexico

Conzumel, Mexico

Thank you!

Edited by miamicruising1991

For Roatan, if you are on Carnival and docking at Mahogany Bay the answer is yes. If you are not docking at Mahogany Bay then that would be a no, you need to take a taxi to get to the beach.

Belize City - NO - period. No beaches anywhere around. You need to get on a boat and go out to one of the little islands either booked through the cruise line or separately.

Cozumel - get wet - yes, actual beach - no, you will need to take a cab.

Costa Maya - can't help you. Haven't been there.

For Roatan, if you are on Carnival and docking at Mahogany Bay the answer is yes. If you are not docking at Mahogany Bay then that would be a no, you need to take a taxi to get to the beach.

Belize City - NO - period. No beaches anywhere around. You need to get on a boat and go out to one of the little islands either booked through the cruise line or separately.

Cozumel - get wet - yes, actual beach - no, you will need to take a cab.

Costa Maya - can't help you. Haven't been there.

Thank you, very helpful.

Costa Maya- there is a free pool area inside the port area along with the bars & shops. A real beach is a bit of a walk to get to, but can be done.

Roatan- yes if you are going to Mahogany Bay. Carnival or one of the sister companies visit there. Otherwise you will need a taxi.

Belize- nothing is very close to the port. It's a long tender ride over to the port area.

Cozumel- not that I remember. Again, you will need a taxi.

Cozumel-check out Chankanaub, a national park. There is a huge beach with a separate beach area for smaller kids. There is a lot to do here. You can swim with the dolphins or just watching that is fun, they have a seal show, restaurants, etc. Google this park. There is a fee to get in and a cab ride there. The cost of the cab is posted where you get them.

The beach at Mahogany Bay is also very big. It is a walk there or you can take the cable car to the beach. Don't know the cost of the cable car now. Otherwise the ONLY thing right at the port are shops.

Belize is a LONG tender ride into Belize City. There is no beach here. I suggest you do cave tubing. This is about a 1/2 hour ride, then you tube through 3 caves. There is a walk through the rain forest to get there. I'm sure the ship will offer this but there will be many people who sign up for it. A lot of the natives offer this and I'd go with them. They are all very aware of the time to get you back before the last tender. If their guests miss the last tender it would really hurt their business so they want you there for tenders before the last one. You can also Google cave tubing Belize.

Cost Maya has a beach but no real sand, just coral. You have to be very careful getting into the water and you do walk on dead coral. Or, you can go to the tiny town, a $5 cab ride or a walk and I can't remember its name (???manhual???). There is a big beach here.

Do join your Roll Call here and see what beaches other passengers are going to.

Google them...or get a guidebook from your library...TONS of info in a guidebook! A bit of research yields lots of results and a better shore day!

Guidebooks will often list favorite beaches. Take that info and compare to google maps to see which ones are close to the pier.