what happens if they find your drinks?

So If I pack some bottled water and cokes in my luggage and they find them, what happens? Do they just take them out or is there a big to do? I have read of some people talking about a "naughty room".

That's it....you will just be called to the "naughty room". No big deal. They just want to make sure there is no liquor in it. Then you can take your luggage with you. If it is liquor, they will keep it until the end of the cruise.

Gwen :)

I always bring an extra (soft sided) suitcase to put my case of water, soda and wine in so that way my luggage isn't held up in the "naughty room," and I can unpack when my suitcases arrive at the door. I always look forward to my trek to the "naughty room" in pure curiosity to see what other's have tried to bring on. :) My last cruise this one lady must have cleared out her hotels mini bar because the crew were confiscating about 10-15 mini bottles of liquor.

*Yes, they will pour out opened bottles of liquor, but will hold on and give back at the end of the cruise any bottles that are unopened.

They will call you in and search your luggage.. I know every cruise ive gone on ive always seen cases of water and pop with the porters. I brought a case of water on my May 2014 cruise on the Oasis and they slaped a tag on it and I had it in my room. and I even saw a case of coke down the hall with a tag on it so they let pop in too.

There are two negatives if you pack "permitted" bottles in your checked bag:

If they hold your bag down on Deck 1 or 2 (depends on the ship), then:

1. You will not get your luggage in your cabin, and you will wonder, hour after hour after hour, if it will ever arrive. Finally, you decide that it's not coming and you go looking for it. You ask at Guest Services, only to discover that it is being held "downstairs.". You have now wasted a great deal of time.

2. After you drag your butt "downstairs", open your bag, demonstrate that your bottles do not hold liquor, and satisfy the inspectors, you are free to go with your bag. Which you must now carry yourself to your cabin. Which isn't a problem for some people, but it is for others. You are on your own.

Just not worth the aggravation.

There are two negatives if you pack "permitted" bottles in your checked bag:

If they hold your bag down on Deck 1 or 2 (depends on the ship), then:

1. You will not get your luggage in your cabin, and you will wonder, hour after hour after hour, if it will ever arrive. Finally, you decide that it's not coming and you go looking for it. You ask at Guest Services, only to discover that it is being held "downstairs.". You have now wasted a great deal of time.

2. After you drag your butt "downstairs", open your bag, demonstrate that your bottles do not hold liquor, and satisfy the inspectors, you are free to go with your bag. Which you must now carry yourself to your cabin. Which isn't a problem for some people, but it is for others. You are on your own.

Just not worth the aggravation.

By the way, the same applies if you pack PROHIBITED bottles. But then they are taken away. Sometimes you get them back, and sometimes you don't.

I have to ask and I honestly dont mean offence by this, why would anyone spend thousands on a cruise and then worry over the price of some coke and water or even booze?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

With the booze for us its all about doing it because you are not allowed to lol

In USA man they can drink some fizzy drink! What may seem quite cheap to you or I is outrageous to US cruisers who can get a whole carton of coke from Walmart for the price of one can on board:D

1.5 litres of Smirnoff vodka $14 in Walmart:D who wants to pay ships prices when its that cheap:D

With the water on board i am not sure why anyone buys bottles of it or even brings it on board? the ships water is all desalinated on board and the pipes are very clean in the kitchen area! waste of money really!

I used to go to Basildon years ago for Pie&mash, I lived in Southend and Rochford:)

I have to ask and I honestly dont mean offence by this, why would anyone spend thousands on a cruise and then worry over the price of some coke and water or even booze?

For exactly the same reason that the cruise ship has had thousands off you and still worry over you taking some coke water or booze on board.

I think some people believe its the principle of charging sooooooo much.

Edited by Adayatatime

Also some of the ships don't stock your particular cool drink?

Like NCL I think only sells Pepsi, we take a couple of cans of Coke on as hubby and son like coke, but don't like Pepsi (tastes like flat coke!)... i guess the pepsi drinkers probably take pepsi on say Royal Caribean (they prob think Coke tastes like flat Pepsi!).

Must say on our last Royal cruise, we purchased the water package and the juice package and it was really good (for us), I drink a lot of water ( cruise was 17 nights).

Can't comment on the alcohol smuggling, as we generally just purchase glasses on board. But we always leave with our full duty free allowance of alcohol!

With the booze for us its all about doing it because you are not allowed to lol

In USA man they can drink some fizzy drink! What may seem quite cheap to you or I is outrageous to US cruisers who can get a whole carton of coke from Walmart for the price of one can on board:D

1.5 litres of Smirnoff vodka $14 in Walmart:D who wants to pay ships prices when its that cheap:D

With the water on board i am not sure why anyone buys bottles of it or even brings it on board? the ships water is all desalinated on board and the pipes are very clean in the kitchen area! waste of money really!

I used to go to Basildon years ago for Pie&mash, I lived in Southend and Rochford:)

Hi Mate. Really? What a small world it is sometimes. I bet you enjoy the weather better where you are. But you're right, the pie and mash is great!

So If I pack some bottled water and cokes in my luggage and they find them, what happens? Do they just take them out or is there a big to do? I have read of some people talking about a "naughty room".

We brought 2 cases of bottled water (each had 24) and taped luggage tags on them. They made it to the room. The naughty room is for confiscated items such as an iron, liquor, beer. I believe we saw a baseball bat on our last cruise during debarkation. There was a naughty table to retrieve the items.

The water package isn't cheap nor are the bottles a convenient size. I drink the ship's water every night at dinner so I don't have a problem with it. The bottles we bring on board are are just more convenient to carry on, off, and around the ship. If they didn't allow it, we wouldn't do it.

Edited by Big_G

We did buy a case of water onboard a few years ago, they sell Evian, which to me tastes like pool water:eek: We have brought a case of water on board the past two years. Just slap a couple of luggage tags on it and check it with the porter. Never put it in our luggage or a separate suitcase.

I am not worried about the price....just the taste;). The water on board tastes fine, just not the bottled water.

Edited by Wilda