A table for two on The Majesty

We did in the Four Seasons. We always eat early as soon as the Restaurants opens. The waiter saved the table for us. I don't know how many tables for 2 there are as this one was positioned near the entrance to the right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I always asked for a table for 2, it became quite a battle with the Maitre d' each evening, I would insist on a 2 and he would make me wait.

One night, I was outside the MDR for about 25 minutes when a couple walked up and got shown right in, I heard him ask about a table for 2, so I was over there in a flash, eyes blazing ready for an argument, the Maitre D' saw me coming and said, your table is ready sir. :D

I absolutely hated all of the fuss each evening, this was a couple of years ago and we didn't much care for the buffet at the time so we had no choice.

We could have joined a group of people, but my wife and I enjoy having a meal together on our own on holiday.

To the OP, if you want a table for 2, you have every right to get one, stick to your guns.

We had no problem getting a table for 2 each night: admittedly we tended to go in at the very start of the night or the very end. The smallest restaurant only has a few tables for two, but the largest one had quite a few. Just go in on the first night and have a chat with the waiters - they will "save-not save" a table for you.

November 2014 we always had a table for 2 in Seven Seas. We chose to go early at 6.30ish and our table was always available at this time. Just ask the first night and you should be accommodated.

5 Euro's or $ into the hand of the waiter will pretty guarantee they keep that table for you every night.

If you sit at the same table every night then you will be served by the same waiters, just consider it an early tip which you may have given them anyway.

We had no problems with the Seven Seas restaurant getting a table for two last week, we just asked the Maitr'd and waited on the chairs by the lift and he would signal when one was free. We waited no longer that 10-15 mins, though some people said they waited ages. :cool:

Be prepared for some death stares though as people think you've jumped the queue! :D

Also saw some highly rude behaviour from a 'gent' old enough to know better, turned up at the Seven Seas in shorts and was told to either go back and change into trousers or was free to use the buffet instead. Was such a pity to see him acting like a petulant child and swearing at the Maitr'd. :rolleyes:

Edited by bellablot

5 Euro's or $ into the hand of the waiter will pretty guarantee they keep that table for you every night.

If you sit at the same table every night then you will be served by the same waiters, just consider it an early tip which you may have given them anyway.

Absolutely a thing you should not do. It is plain and simple bribery and if i ever saw it happening again i would be complaining bitterly. How long you wait for a table should be a function of demand and table availability, not bribery. Why do the waiters do it?. They want an additional tip of course, despite already getting one from the price you paid for the cruise. :mad::mad:

There are enough 'scams' going on aboard as it is, if the management were to crack down on these quite a few of the crew would be on the plane back home soonest.:eek:

Agree with Dave - there is no need to tip (bribe) on your first night. Just being pleasant and saying please and thank you is all you need to do. Although the most important thing is to want a table at a quieter time - we were advised that if we went in between 7.30 to 8.30 we would have no chance of a table for two.

We mostly went before 7pm and never had to wait a minute for a table, and also went after 9pm and were seated straight away.

Agree with Dave - there is no need to tip (bribe) on your first night. Just being pleasant and saying please and thank you is all you need to do. Although the most important thing is to want a table at a quieter time - we were advised that if we went in between 7.30 to 8.30 we would have no chance of a table for two.

We mostly went before 7pm and never had to wait a minute for a table, and also went after 9pm and were seated straight away.

spot on! avoid the busy times. In a similar way the buffet can be quite a relaxing experience if you avoid the bunfights

We get a table for 2 without bribery ok. Don't mind if we have a 10 minute or so wait. Don't like the bribery of waiters in the bar for same reason. On one cruise I had to go to the bar for service after seeing newly arrived getting served by their friendly "bribed" bar staff.

We are quite happy to share a table but one evening on the Majesty this year we were shown to a table for 2 without even requesting it. Still we were fine with this. It was a bit of a novel experience as the waiters seemed to be trying to break some sort of record in how fast they could serve our full meal. We were in and out within 45 minutes with courses being served up almost as soon as the last mouthful of the previous course was finished. All a bit too rushed. We were happy to go back to sharing for the remainder of the week and a more leisurely pace of serving.

Last year we never bribed the waiters for our table for 2. We are just polite and prepared to wait a reasonable amount of time. And as said in a previous post we chose to go at a quite time not the popular 7.30 to 8ish slot

Earlier this year we were given the choice on the first night and chose the 2 table option. The waiters said they would save the table for us and did so.

To be honest we wouldn't have minded a couple of nights with some different company but the tendency seemed to be to put the same folk together every night.

Like others I absolutely refuse to bribe in the hope that we'll get favourable service but did leave around fifty quid between the 3 waiters at the end of the week so i'll be looking out for them next time:D

PS: If you lick your plate and belch on the first night you'll be guaranteed a seat on your own!;)