Quick Question regarding SDP (3 for us) and interested in going more than 3 times

kbalthaser66

Can anyone tell me what the cost is to go to say Cagney's or LaCucina again AFTER I have used up my 3 vouchers. I am not a big fan of the MDR so I am considering going to a couple of the SD places a few extra times if it is reasonable.

Thanks everyone.

Will depend on what you order. An appetizer, entree, and dessert can easily run $30. Since you want to do "a few extra times" it would probsbly be cheaper to purchase another 3 vouchers. That way you'd pay less than $30 per meal and could order as many appetizers/desserts as you wish.

Quick question ..... if you have obc you cannot make reservations ahead of time because they charge your cc? There is no way to secure your reservation and then once on board switch it over so you can utilize your obc?? I guess you could cancel within the 24 hour notice and immediately rebook using your credit or is that frowned upon??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Quick question ..... if you have obc you cannot make reservations ahead of time because they charge your cc? There is no way to secure your reservation and then once on board switch it over so you can utilize your obc?? I guess you could cancel within the 24 hour notice and immediately rebook using your credit or is that frowned upon??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ala carte restaurants you are not charged so you can make reservations there.

Good question!! I would do the math!! In our case we already have all 4 perks but we are on an eleven day cruise and just added another 4 night meal package to our original perk of 4 meals!! We do like the specialty restaurants!! Will use the obc toward my daughters dining since the perk only includes two people!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good question!! I would do the math!! In our case we already have all 4 perks but we are on an eleven day cruise and just added another 4 night meal package to our original perk of 4 meals!! We do like the specialty restaurants!! Will use the obc toward my daughters dining since the perk only includes two people!!!

Since the OBC can be used for restaurants, it is a good use for your daughter's dining with you. Reservations can be made for Ala carte restaurants without charging your CC or account.

Since you have all 4 perks, remember that for shore excursions, the $50 is an OBC given after excursion is completed. It is not deducted from cost of excursion. We did use our Platinum discount (10%) for excursion. Then we had the $50 in our account. It is refundable. Does not fall under Non Refundable like the OBC offer recently.

Hope this helps.

phissy - thank you for the valuable information!! So as I understand, if we take a ship shore excursion or however many we will get the $50.00 credit deposited into our acct - should we not use up the shore excursion funds deposited we can get that money refunded unlike the obc which is use it or lose it!? Which by the way, I had no idea thar is how the excursion credit was handled, so thank you!!!!!

phissy - thank you for the valuable information!! So as I understand, if we take a ship shore excursion or however many we will get the $50.00 credit deposited into our acct - should we not use up the shore excursion funds deposited we can get that money refunded unlike the obc which is use it or lose it!? Which by the way, I had no idea thar is how the excursion credit was handled, so thank you!!!!!

If you don't use it, you lose it. I didn't use mine and lost it.

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

... remember that for shore excursions, the $50 is an OBC given after excursion is completed. It is not deducted from cost of excursion. ....

Since the cost of the excursion is billed to your onboard account, the $50 obc is the same as deducting it from the cost of the excursion.

Since the shore excursions are charged to your account the $50 credit helps pay for the excursion. There is no way you wouldn't use up the shore excursion funds since they help pay for the excursions. Even if you don't charge anything else to your account the charge for the excursions would still be on the account.

This is incorrect. The shore excursion credit is actually worse than OBC. OBC may not be refundable but can be used for most onboard costs. The shore excursion credit can ONLY go towards a shore excursion. So if you get a $50 credit and purchase a $40 excursion you can't get the remaining $10 towards onboard purchases or have it refunded. It's truly use it or lose it.