How long to get through FCO?

phabric

How long would it take to get through baggage, customs/immigration at Rome (FCO) airport?

I think there are 3 terminals at FCO?

Where do I find out which terminal I will use, thinking of either Air Canada or Air Transat?

We landed at FCO at 8:50-ish. Our Leonardo Express tickets were validated at 9:53, although we waited about 15 minutes for the train after that. The trains leave at the :08 and :38 times every hour.

We had to wait for a parcel we checked (came out with the luggage) and we flew first class, so it came out among the first few bags, but they were still very slow. Restrooms at FCO are pretty dismal, be prepared for that. No customs as we had nothing to declare, immigration consisted of a bored man in a booth who looked at my passport upside down and waved me on.

Edited by ducklite

Baggage claim can be very slow. If you have nothing to declare, Customs is a breeze- the red/light system. Passport check will depend on how many flights have arrived, and staffing.

Arrivals at FCO all come out at Terminal 3. We have never made it outside in less than 25 or 30 minutes, even when we just did carry one.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Baggage claim at FCO is very slow. We are almost always the last people off the plane (because DH has a tough time walking after long flights), and then we wait for a wheelchair. We still end up waiting about 30 minutes for our baggage.

As others said, customs/immigration is quick.

We landed at FCO at 8:50-ish. Our Leonardo Express tickets were validated at 9:53, although we waited about 15 minutes for the train after that. The trains leave at the :08 and :38 times every hour.

We had to wait for a parcel we checked (came out with the luggage) and we flew first class, so it came out among the first few bags, but they were still very slow. Restrooms at FCO are pretty dismal, be prepared for that. No customs as we had nothing to declare, immigration consisted of a bored man in a booth who looked at my passport upside down and waved me on.

You must have had the same bored man that we did, lol. We have only gone through FCO with carryon luggage, and you just gave me more ammunition to do it again (DH is still resisting).

We were through in a couple of minutes because we didn't have to wait for bags as most of the others on our plane did.