Gallery One Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

CruisingLover

We are booked at the Gallery One by Doubletree hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 nights before our cruise in January. It looks like a very nice hotel and the reason we chose this one is because we have Hilton points we can use :)

I was reading TripAdvisor and the reviews from a few years ago make it sound like an awesome hotel. the more recent reviews state things like "run down", "unfriendly staff", "ac not working", etc. so I'm a little worried now.

Has anyone stayed there recently that can ease my mind?

Also, we will be there for NYE so am wondering if there are any suggestions as to what to do (me, my hubby and my 3 children ages 21, 19 & 15) that night as well as what to do during the days?

Thanks!

It is now over a year since I have stayed there. It was fine.

I, along with many, stayed at this hotel not directly by choice, but by 'wining' the hotel with a bid on Priceline or an opaque booking on Hotwire.

You might find some of these guests are already not happy and looking for trouble with this hotel as it is 'advertised' as a beach hotel, which it is not.

They also, like most hotels in FLL, have a parking charge that is quite high for some and then go as far as to charge some for internet connection.

My point is that I currently do not find all 'reviews' credible as many of those posting these negative reviews are not from this type of hotels core market.

The Gallery One by Doubletree sounds ideal for your family, especially if you are using one suite for the entire family.

We enjoyed our stay at Gallery One. Food at the restaurant and service throughout the hotel was fine. It only about a 5 minute walk to the beach. Our favorite thing is that it is a taxi stop on the intracoastal waterway. Just hop on the boat to get around!

We stayed there last October before boarding the Allure for a Western Caribbean cruise. Just like you, we got to FLL 2 days prior to sailing. That was our first experience at Gallery One.

Upon checking in we were offered warm, chocolate chip cookies. Which everyone gladly accepted. And you can get them at any time just by going to the lobby.

We had adjoining suites with our daughter and son-in-law. Personally, I loved the space and setup of the suite. While we really didn't use the kitchen area much, it was nice to have a full kitchen available. You may enjoy it more with children.

The location is Not on the beach but, I enjoyed the location. I have in the past spent much more to have a beach property but the trade off is having a suite with much more room to enjoy.

I did not personally use the pool area so I can't comment on that but, the rest of the family did and I never heard negative comments about it.

Hope you enjoy your stay at Gallery One.

We stayed there a year ago. There were 10 of us in 4 rooms. We really liked the hotel and the staff we dealt with were all very friendly. We walked down the street a short distance to an Italian place for dinner and had breakfast the next day at the hotel. The rooms had a bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a sofa bed and also there was a kitchen although we did not use it. I would stay there again.

Hi, we stayed in Gallery one last NYE. We found the hotel fine. We have stayed there three times before and found it no different to previous stays. We have it booked again for March '16.

There is not much around the hotel, except for CVS and Galleria Mall and a Starbucks. The Mall has a reasonable food court.

There is nothing happening in the area on NYE. We went to Seasons 52 for an average tasting, overpriced meal. We were in bed by 11pm (the time difference was hitting us!). There is action in the downtown area with bands and a ball drop, but we didn't make it.

Hi, we stayed in Gallery one last NYE. We found the hotel fine. We have stayed there three times before and found it no different to previous stays. We have it booked again for March '16.

There is not much around the hotel, except for CVS and Galleria Mall and a Starbucks. The Mall has a reasonable food court.

There is nothing happening in the area on NYE. We went to Seasons 52 for an average tasting, overpriced meal. We were in bed by 11pm (the time difference was hitting us!). There is action in the downtown area with bands and a ball drop, but we didn't make it.

Not much in the area? There is a mall, the beach, the Intracoastal Waterway, about 57 restaurants including Seasons 52, PF Changs, Capitol Grille, Texas De Brazil, Trulucks, and BurgerFi, the Water Taxi, Blue Martini, Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa and you are a very short cab ride (2 1/2 miles) to the festivities for NYE.

Not much around the hotel?????

Edited by BlueHerons

Not much in the area? There is a mall, the beach, the Intracoastal Waterway, about 57 restaurants including Seasons 52, PF Changs, Capitol Grille, Texas De Brazil, Trulucks, and BurgerFi, the Water Taxi, Blue Martini, Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa and you are a very short cab ride (2 1/2 miles) to the festivities for NYE.

Not much around the hotel?????

How many food outlets do you need for a 2 night stay????

short cab ride (2 1/2 miles) to festivities......... is that around hotel????

However, I would not stay anywhere else!

Edited by VMax1700

We have stayed at most of the popular hotels in Ft Lauderdale and the Gallery One is our favorite. Our last stay was last sept and everything perfect. This was our our 4th stay here. Convenient to beach ,mall, publix,cvs, and staff is excellent.

We stayed at GalleryOne in April one night pre-cruise and had a great stay! Easy walk to the beach and restaurants. Only negative was the parking cost. We are booked there again for our next visit. :)

Edited by KentuckyTam

How many food outlets do you need for a 2 night stay????

short cab ride (2 1/2 miles) to festivities......... is that around hotel????

YOU said there wasn't much around the area and YOU said nothing was going on near the hotel on NYE.

I corrected your erroneous post.