Booking Seattle hotel for next summer

Newflover

I just booked a cruise to Alaska on the Pearl. I was trying to book the Homewood Suites in downtown Seattle. Is it possible they haven't opened their bookings yet? I can't believe they have no availability for the entire month of July. Do other Hilton hotels do the same thing? Thanks for any advice.

I just booked a cruise to Alaska on the Pearl. I was trying to book the Homewood Suites in downtown Seattle. Is it possible they haven't opened their bookings yet? I can't believe they have no availability for the entire month of July. Do other Hilton hotels do the same thing? Thanks for any advice.

Probably haven't opened bookings. Be patient, they're NOT going to sell out a year in advance.

One thing worth noting is that there are a LOT of hotel rooms currently under construction, or about to begin, in Seattle. By next summer the landscape (and prices) might be somewhat different.

Call the hotel directly and ask.

That was my next step! I am lacking some brain cells because I was thinking it was late to call, forgetting about the 3 hour time difference. I will call tomorrow and post what they say. I don 't understand what would be their motivation to not open their booking now, but I also can't believe they would be all booked up a year ahead of time. Thanks.

Probably haven't opened bookings. Be patient, they're NOT going to sell out a year in advance.

One thing worth noting is that there are a LOT of hotel rooms currently under construction, or about to begin, in Seattle. By next summer the landscape (and prices) might be somewhat different.

Thank you very much; that's good to know.

While researching for a pre-cruise downtown Seattle hotel, I was surprised to discover a couple of different hotels were already booked for my dates in early July 2015. Something special must be taking place during the July 4th holiday. Wanted to make sure that we had a room so I booked the Inn at The Market, right in front of the Pike Place Market. We're definitely paying for location, but it was still cheaper than nearby downtown hotels, so it's all good.;)

We were just stayed at the Maxwell July 8 before our cruise on the Golden Princess. It is a lovely hotel, the staff was excellent. Great quiet room. They had a shuttle to the ship ( pier 91) for $7.00. They have a free shuttle to local attractions during the day. Loved the afternoon pineapple cupcakes in the lobby.

Would definitely stay there again when in Seattle.

We were just stayed at the Maxwell July 8 before our cruise on the Golden Princess. It is a lovely hotel, the staff was excellent. Great quiet room. They had a shuttle to the ship ( pier 91) for $7.00. They have a free shuttle to local attractions during the day. Loved the afternoon pineapple cupcakes in the lobby.

Would definitely stay there again when in Seattle.

Is the Maxwell's free shuttle to local attractions on a timed schedule or at the guest's request? Is the pier shuttle priced at a per person rate? Also, is the Maxwell the same hotel that has a blues club in it?

Thanks, in advance!

Is the Maxwell's free shuttle to local attractions on a timed schedule or at the guest's request? Is the pier shuttle priced at a per person rate? Also' date=' is the Maxwell the same hotel that has a blues club in it?

Thanks, in advance![/quote']

It's based on guest demand. If nobody else wants it around the time you want it, it's like your own chauffeur - but these days the Maxwell is much too popular for this to be common. More likely you'll be doing a milk run around a few popular spots with a dozen or so fellow guests.

The pier shuttle mentioned is per person.

There's The Rock pizza joint inside the Maxwell, but no Blues club unless it's a new addition and not mentioned anywhere on their own website or Google. I've never thought of Seattle as much of a Blues town - the only one I can think of is Highway99.

• 3 weeks later...
Just booked La Quinta Inn Downtown Seattle for next June, got a great AARP or AAA rate. How far is this from the port?

I'm not intending to be snarky with this response but, maybe use Google (or other) Maps to see where your hotel is in relation to the pier (66 or 91).

We did that for our cruise in July on the Pearl...we wanted a hotel convenient to Amtrak's King Street Station as well as Pier 66.

Edited by TinCan782

The 2015 US Open Golf is going be held in Tacoma/University Place area next summer, the week of June 18th. With 230,000 spectators, thousands of volunteers, media, players & families and USGA staff descending on the course daily. Tacoma/University Place is not a resort destination or major city means that spectators from all over North America are scrambling for hotel rooms. I think rooms will be at a premium even up in Seattle a week or two before and after the US Open. I plan on taking a cruise that week, or at least be out of the area.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the Maxwell for pre-cruise July 17-19 and the Cedarbrook Lodge for post-cruise July 26-27. Once I heard about Homewood I wasn't taking any chances!

Now I just have to figure out if I want to do the market on our arrival afternoon/evening or the Space Needle area on our arrival afternoon/evening!

The 2015 US Open Golf is going be held in Tacoma/University Place area next summer, the week of June 18th. With 230,000 spectators, thousands of volunteers, media, players & families and USGA staff descending on the course daily. Tacoma/University Place is not a resort destination or major city means that spectators from all over North America are scrambling for hotel rooms. I think rooms will be at a premium even up in Seattle a week or two before and after the US Open. I plan on taking a cruise that week, or at least be out of the area.

Well, no wonder a few hotels were already full for my date (July 6th)! I mentioned earlier that something must be going on.:rolleyes: Now I feel lucky to have scored a room at Inn at the Market, right in front of Pike's Market. Sounds like I will have a great time people-watching on their rooftop patio that overlooks the market, the bay and has a view of Mount Rainier. What a way to start our cruise! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info about the US Open! I was wondering why hotel prices seem as bad as NYC! We're cruising at the end of June. I thought I had plenty of time to find a hotel room, but I think we're going to get something booked rather soon to be safe!

We were just in NYC last month, and I think Seattle hotels are far more expensive for comparable room types. We are going on a cruise July 10, and just booked 3 nights at the Mayflower Park, which many people recommended to me. We received a very good rate through a senior booking site. Hope it all works out. Strange to book the hotel before the cruise or the air, but that is Seattle. Last year, we started trying to book in January, and many hotels were already full.

It's based on guest demand. If nobody else wants it around the time you want it, it's like your own chauffeur - but these days the Maxwell is much too popular for this to be common. More likely you'll be doing a milk run around a few popular spots with a dozen or so fellow guests.

The pier shuttle mentioned is per person.

There's The Rock pizza joint inside the Maxwell, but no Blues club unless it's a new addition and not mentioned anywhere on their own website or Google. I've never thought of Seattle as much of a Blues town - the only one I can think of is Highway99.

How did you get to and from the airport from the Maxwell? This sounds like the best way to go. Also, do they have a hot tub?

How did you get to and from the airport from the Maxwell? This sounds like the best way to go. Also, do they have a hot tub?

If you walk to the taxi line at Seatac, Yellow Cab charges about $45 to downtown. http://www.flatrateforhire.com / eastsideforhire currently charges $30.

As for the hot tub ... check the hotel web site.

Cheapest is to take the LINK light rail to the Westgate Center then grab a cab outside there ($2.75pp for the transit, approx. $10 total for the cab). All trips bar one have involved us driving there, the one other time was after a flight where we did this - had to wait around a few minutes for a cab at Westlake.

Not much more expensive and probably easier is to call Eastsideforhire for a fixed rate fare - it's based on postal code, currently $32 to the Maxwell from Seatac (plus tip).

Can't say as I've seen a hot tub in the Maxwell, their website doesn't mention one, but we never used the pool or gym so it's possible there's one there. If that's a make-or-break, call 'em: 206-286-0629