Balcony or not?

We will be on a 7day coastal cruise leaving from San Fran and visiting LA, Santa Barbara, Ensenada, and San Diego. Cruise is in October. Is it worth the extra money for a balcony? I suspect there are no whales and too far from the coast to see anything. Also, too cool to use the ship pool?

Thanks!

Champagne or not?

Caviar or not?

Ferrari or not?

First Class Air Ticket or not?

All of these questions are valid.

All have the same answer.

If you can afford it, it's generally worth it.

And as the Duchess of Windsor aptly said, "If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably cannot afford it."

Champagne or not?

Caviar or not?

Ferrari or not?

First Class Air Ticket or not?

All of these questions are valid.

All have the same answer.

If you can afford it, it's generally worth it.

And as the Duchess of Windsor aptly said, "If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably cannot afford it."

He's right. :) I was on a similar 8 day cruise last March, had a balcony, saw whales, dolphins, birds, etc. and just loved it. But I can't stand to be "trapped" in a room so am willing to pay extra just so I can sit out on the balcony. It's all a matter of personal choice and cost. Enjoy your cruise! :D

We will be on a 7day coastal cruise leaving from San Fran and visiting LA, Santa Barbara, Ensenada, and San Diego. Cruise is in October. Is it worth the extra money for a balcony? I suspect there are no whales and too far from the coast to see anything. Also, too cool to use the ship pool?

Thanks!

It's called San Francisco or The City, not San Fran.

Thanks!

Not if I am paying.

• 2 months later...

On the same cruise :)

Was in an inside then got upgraded to an OV obstructed. Did not like the OV location.

I called and got upgraded to an Aloha balcony for both my husband and I for $150 total. Also ended up with $200 shipboard credit when I switched so well worth it for us.

Best thing is call your travel agent or Princess and see how the prices are doing.

I hit my travel agent on a good day!!

From what I have seen so far looks like our weather will be mid 70's.

Have a great day