prepaid tips??

tinkertwo

our tips are prepaid. how is that done once on ship? is it that they are paid and I never will see it again or is it money credited to my account and they still take it out daily?

I would prefer to not see it on our on board account.

You won't see it on your onboard account.

But be aware that any beverages purchased (not if you have a beverage package) will have the mandatory 18% gratuity added, pre paid gratuities don't cover these. I assume 18% is also added to spa services too. Any cover charge for a speciality restaurant includes a gratuity.

But be aware that any beverages purchased (not if you have a beverage package) will have the mandatory 18% gratuity added, pre paid gratuities don't cover these. I assume 18% is also added to spa services too. Any cover charge for a speciality restaurant includes a gratuity.

yep all true. You can give more directly to the person who does an outstanding job like your room steward or waiter if you have same one every night.

Yes, that is true now, and I don't remember that always being the case. Seems to be a recent change.
Seems to have varied from ship to ship because I know I treated myself to a 'close shave' when they still had a barbers shop on Freedom (must be around 2006) and they charged me gratuity back then (although only 15%).

By prepaying your gratuities, you are immediately charged and it will be paid for so will not see the $12.95 daily charge on your On board acct. We did that for our cruise this past Oct as well as my husbands Beer Package and had very little charges for misc things on our on board acct this time. We will continue to do this.

We haven't cruised in a while and I recall the last time we did, there were envelopes that we handed out to the wait staff and stateroom attendant. Even if we had prepaid or put the tips on credit card we could at least hand something to them to confirm to them we had tipped. Does this still happen? If we have pre-paid will they know that somehow?

We haven't cruised in a while and I recall the last time we did, there were envelopes that we handed out to the wait staff and stateroom attendant. Even if we had prepaid or put the tips on credit card we could at least hand something to them to confirm to them we had tipped. Does this still happen? If we have pre-paid will they know that somehow?

Yes, the staff will know who has paid tips. Also, they still hand out a couple of envelopes in case you want to augment the standard tips. If those are not enough, you can get more at Guest Services.

They are aware at the beginning of the week that you have prepaid. You can still find envelopes to give a little extra at the end of the week. My daughter usually writes a thank you note to include in the envelope as well.

Rich