Royal Princess aft balcony

Goldenpaw

We're booked for 20 days on the Royal in R734, which is an aft facing balcony. Just read a comment that the aft balconies on Royal & Regal are covered with soot every morning.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true! I enjoy my morning coffee on the balcony and love watching the sunrise. If this is a confirmed issue, may look into a cabin change...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're booked for 20 days on the Royal in R734, which is an aft facing balcony. Just read a comment that the aft balconies on Royal & Regal are covered with soot every morning.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true! I enjoy my morning coffee on the balcony and love watching the sunrise. If this is a confirmed issue, may look into a cabin change...

There are nunerous nunerous threads about the soot issue in Royal. Yes, in the past, it was an issue - how big depended on specific cabin, etc.

There were some major changes to the funnels and such in Royal recent Drydock, and we have not had reports from anyone yet regarding aft cabins and soot. There's a Live From thread from folks on the current transatlantic - maybe ask there?

Personally, I wouldn't change. The location is great, aft views are wonderful, and if it's still an issue, you can always put down a towel over the chairs, etc.

Enjoy

We were in B737 for a full month in June. We loved it. Our cabin steward kept pool towels on the chairs for us and the balcony soot was minimal. We had some, but it wasn't even a little issue. The location was perfect and we wouldn't hesitate to book it again. Actually, we won't sail on the Regal/Royal without an aft balcony.

We are booked in B736 for a 10 day in November. When we booked we had the option of moving up to Riviera or Marina decks with aft facing balconies. The only concern we had was, passengers sitting in the Horizon Terrace can look directly on to your balcony. It's a personal preference for us to have a little privacy, whereas others may not care. There are plenty of pictures of this here on the boards, or simply Google it to see for yourself. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! We've decided that we'll just use pool towels to sit on. Love the view from the back of the ship.

Agree with you - we are booked next month for 10 days on the royal in D731 - a little soot will never take away from that view.

eclue:rolleyes:

We are booked in B736 for a 10 day in November. When we booked we had the option of moving up to Riviera or Marina decks with aft facing balconies. The only concern we had was, passengers sitting in the Horizon Terrace can look directly on to your balcony. It's a personal preference for us to have a little privacy, whereas others may not care. There are plenty of pictures of this here on the boards, or simply Google it to see for yourself. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

You will love it. You'll be right next door to where we were. The LARGE balcony is 1/2 covered and perfect. Do yourself a favor and book the UBD!

I just booked a last minute cruise on Royal with an aft on deck aloha not knowing about it being open to deck above and that it's a small balcony... how small is it?... is it bigger then the side balconies... Will I have a foot stool at very least.

Paid for a bigger balcony and finding out this is not so!!

So upset as I'm use to having aft's with Princess that are great.

Their are a few left on Caribe but they don't look any better? any info?????

I just booked a last minute cruise on Royal with an aft on deck aloha not knowing about it being open to deck above and that it's a small balcony... how small is it?... is it bigger then the side balconies... Will I have a foot stool at very least.

Paid for a bigger balcony and finding out this is not so!!

So upset as I'm use to having aft's with Princess that are great.

Their are a few left on Caribe but they don't look any better? any info?????

The aft-facing cabins on Aloha, Caribe, and Emerald Decks will have balconies that are larger in size than their side-facing counterparts, but not as large as the aft-facing balconies on Marina, Riviera, Baja, and Dolphin Decks. Here's an annotated image I made a few years ago showing Royal Princess' aft staterooms...hope it helps.

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o_d.jpg

Another annotated image I did of a picture (obviously taken from a pier) looking up that helps show the balcony overhang coverage. There was an error on my part in labeling the Baja deck cabins due to a 'void' area (you'll see it on the deck plans), which I attached the correction below as well.

8955926309_fb03d30366_b.jpg

8957384058_5fd2c6f569_b.jpg

We're sailing Royal Princess tomorrow in cabin R734. I'll write a review when we return. I'll be sure to check out the new mid-ship staircase, too.