Allure first day question

Hello all,

This trip will not be my first rodeo for cruises but the first time with an extended family of 9 with 3 kids on the Allure. I see questions and advice all the time about where to get lunch the first day.

I'm wondering do any of you just grab something like pizza or a hot dog or something not so amazing and just hit the flow riders, zip lines, rock walls etc for the kids before the lines get too long? My family typically likes to board the ship as early as possible and take a bunch of pictures around the ship without the crowds too. I figure being that we will not be hurting for meals for the following 7 days is the above a good idea or are the crowds already waiting for the activities that first day as well? Are those activities open? If we were to board the ship, walk around and do the oohs and aaahhhs then hit the activities is that a good idea?

Thanks,

Debbie

I don't know about the other activities, but the Flowrider was open at noon when we boarded Allure, and there was not much of a line.

Some of us also stayed on board when the ship was at St. Maarten, and that was another good day with shorter lines for the Zipline and Flowrider.

Thanks. We are definitely getting off in the ports, except for Nassau. I'm sure a lot of people will skip nassau though so that won't be too helpful. I'm not horribly opposed to telling my kids to go get in line I just thought it might be a fun way to start the cruise rather than just going to eat.

Debbie

We arrived at Port Everglades at 11:00 and were on board by 11:40. We decided to book Giovanni's for lunch at 12 noon. It was amazing. So relaxing and really wonderful food. After we had finished our lunch, the cabins were open. We headed to our cabin, left our carry on luggage and went exploring. It was such a relaxing way to begin our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were among the first to board Allure and were the first to the Park Cafe for lunch. After lunch, we went to the Zip line. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes until they were ready for us. We rode it a few times each and nobody else was in line. I don't know about the flowriders.

Note as the PP said, have your waivers done and get the wristband for the flowrider as soon as you can.

Hello all,

This trip will not be my first rodeo for cruises but the first time with an extended family of 9 with 3 kids on the Allure. I see questions and advice all the time about where to get lunch the first day.

I'm wondering do any of you just grab something like pizza or a hot dog or something not so amazing and just hit the flow riders, zip lines, rock walls etc for the kids before the lines get too long? My family typically likes to board the ship as early as possible and take a bunch of pictures around the ship without the crowds too. I figure being that we will not be hurting for meals for the following 7 days is the above a good idea or are the crowds already waiting for the activities that first day as well? Are those activities open? If we were to board the ship, walk around and do the oohs and aaahhhs then hit the activities is that a good idea?

Thanks,

Debbie

With kids, try the WipeOut Cafe. It's right near the flowrider. :)

With kids, try the WipeOut Cafe. It's right near the flowrider. :)

Thanks. I was thinking about the wipeout cafe. I thought this option might be a little more going against the crowd rather than with it.

Thanks again,

Debbie

Just off the Allure on Sunday with 21 y.o. DD. We have never been on Allure or Oasis before and it really was different - in a good way! You will love it.

We arrived at port around 11:25 and were onboard before noon. We explored a bit on the Royal Promenade; checked out our table assignment in the dining room; ate a select-your-own-ingredients salad and some very good cookies at Park Cafe on the very beautiful Central Park on Deck 8; took some photos of Central Park and the Boardwalk; and ordered our first drinks of the cruise before heading over to the zip line. Even after all of that DD was first to ride - she rode it twice in a row before anyone else realized it was open. On the last day sea day of our cruise we noticed there was a very long line of people waiting to ride, so we were glad we did it first thing.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks everybody. So it sounds like the zip line opens around 1? Anybody know how early the flow rider is open that day? I'm sure my parents will want to go explore the ship, etc but I'd love to see this vacation started for my kids on those things.

Debbie

Debbie: I just checked my Compass for Day 1. The Zip Line did indeed open around 1:00 and was scheduled to be open until 3:45.

Boogie Boarding on the FlowRider Starboard side and Stand-up Surfing on the Port side were also scheduled to be open from 1:00-3:45; then again from 5:15-7:00 pm.

Intro to Rock Climbing 1-2; Open Climbing from 2-3:45

Hope this helps. Dawn

Debbie: I just checked my Compass for Day 1. The Zip Line did indeed open around 1:00 and was scheduled to be open until 3:45.

Boogie Boarding on the FlowRider Starboard side and Stand-up Surfing on the Port side were also scheduled to be open from 1:00-3:45; then again from 5:15-7:00 pm.

Intro to Rock Climbing 1-2; Open Climbing from 2-3:45

Hope this helps. Dawn

Yes, Dawn it does. Thank you very much.

Debbie