Looking for a Simple Camera, Beautiful Colors

sjmbruce

I know very little about cameras and am looking for a new one.

1. Point & shoot pocket camera. I'm okay with doing a few manual changes

2. Beautiful colors. The camera I have now is so bland

3. Rapid shooting for whale watching, wildlife and other nature shots

My budget is $400

Thanks!

You might look at the Canon S120. It has a vivid colors setting and offers continuous shooting at a price under $400.

Thanks! I was considering buying a Canon S100 so your suggestion is perfect. I'll check the S120 out.

Not into the consumer compacts but the Canon G series is really good. I also have an Olympus YX-1 which I like a lot but that is now my wife's camera.

The "beautiful colours" have little to do with the actual camera but more to do with the processing, be that in camera or in post production.

You might look at the Canon S120. It has a vivid colors setting and offers continuous shooting at a price under $400.

I just upgraded my Canon S100 to the S120. Both cameras take great images and have a number of artistic adjustments if you wish to experiment. Nearly all of my on-board cruise pictures are taken with these two cameras:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/

Both cameras also take great images while off the ship. The pocket size makes them ideal to carry wherever your go. Both cameras are highly rated on most reviews.

I just upgraded my Canon S100 to the S120. Both cameras take great images and have a number of artistic adjustments if you wish to experiment. Nearly all of my on-board cruise pictures are taken with these two cameras:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/travel-2/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/

Both cameras also take great images while off the ship. The pocket size makes them ideal to carry wherever your go. Both cameras are highly rated on most reviews.

Thanks for sharing! My interest in the S100 started when I saw a photo review here on Cruise Critic with these gorgeous shots taken by that model.

I know very little about cameras and am looking for a new one.

1. Point & shoot pocket camera. I'm okay with doing a few manual changes

2. Beautiful colors. The camera I have now is so bland

3. Rapid shooting for whale watching, wildlife and other nature shots

My budget is $400

Thanks!

Perhaps check your camera settings and see if there is a "VIVID" option. Or download something like picasa and try their editing to boost saturation to add color.

Thanks for sharing! My interest in the S100 started when I saw a photo review here on Cruise Critic with these gorgeous shots taken by that model.

Keep in mind that cameras don't take pictures - people do. With the exception of very low budget digital cameras (like a 70.00 Wal-mart special) most cameras, especially those starting around $250 - $300, have the ability to capture excellent images.

An example of a bland image could understand why it's bland.