Craft beers on Silhouette

Shep_Proudfoot

Hi, I have done some research on these boards and think I have an understanding of the beer situation on Silhouette, but I am hoping someone who's recently been on Silhouette can confirm these two conclusions I've reached are in fact true:

--There is a somewhat large selection of premium/craft beers available, even if you mostly have to go to Cellar Masters to find them.

--These beers are generally covered by the premium drink package even though not listed on Celebrity.com among the covered beers, with a few exceptions such as very expensive large format bottles.

Just trying to decide on Silhouette and, if so, drink package or not...Thanks.

Edited by Shep_Proudfoot
Repeated word

I have been on the Reflection when the craft brews were still in Michaels in 2013.

And on the Equinox last year when they were moved to the new GastroBar.

4-6 covered by the Classic, 30+ covered by the Premium, and 4-5 over that limit where I paid the difference.

Large format, the Rogue 22oz double chocolate Stout was $35 :eek: but there was a happy hour where everything was half price for 2 hours, it made it $17.50 less my $14.00 premium coverage. I was charged the $3.50 plus grat.

image.jpg.402eb7d00826f215479f4b2c09981830.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Wallie, I did run across some of your related comments in a different thread and they were most helpful.

Jagoffee, that would be wonderful, thanks!

[ATTACH]368417[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368418[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368419[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368420[/ATTACH]

Here they are from the Silhouette right now. First time

Posting pictures. Can you read them. Any questions?

[ATTACH]368417[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368418[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368419[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368420[/ATTACH]

Here they are from the Silhouette right now. First time

Posting pictures. Can you read them. Any questions?

Yea, it shows as an invalid attachment.

Yea, it shows as an invalid attachment.

The menus are on my I Phone. If anyone wants to tell me how to post them I will try again. Otherwise I will wait until I get home next week and try and figure it out. Sorry.

Have been enjoying the 2014 Fuller's Vintage Ale for a $3.50 up charge.

Edited by jagoffee

o man, i really cant wait till your return to see those beer menus!! From what i have read, all these beers are in cellar masters correct? If its not too much trouble, what IPA's are available? And, for craft beers, does it seem like there are only a certain qty of each kind, or a virtually limitless supply. I have been on several RCI cruises where they have run out of whatever "craft" i was drinking by about day 5.

OK ya'll, here is the GastroBar craft beer menu from the Equinox. Not sure how many will be on all the other ships.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

7 days till we once again slide into a chair at the wonderful GastroBar and see how many we can 'sample' our way thru this time around!

Page 2 is the list of brew's.

Edited by wallie5446

Yes, Cellar Masters. I am not sure many people have found it. I have never seen anyone else drinking beer. What are your favorites? I can check. Is a Pale Ale the same as an IPA?

Nope!

I drink the Dog Fish 90 IPA at home on a reg basis. Just acquired the taste for them :eek: The hops explode on the taste buds! Very different from an Ale.

EW

Does anyone know if the Silhouette currently has the Gastro Bar? That menu is awesome! Sailing on it this Sunday :D and would love to partake :p

Nope, only on the Equinox, and one of the reasons we are returning again in 6 days.

On some of the S-Class ships they have moved the craft beer to the Passport Bar.

Nope!

I drink the Dog Fish 90 IPA at home on a reg basis. Just acquired the taste for them :eek: The hops explode on the taste buds! Very different from an Ale.

EW

https://www.shutterfly.com/picturepicker/viewTabletPicturePicker.sfly?fid=2abca5dde705a6ed6cbbd47cbb382743

Does this work? I may have figured it out.

OK ya'll, here is the GastroBar craft beer menu from the Equinox. Not sure how many will be on all the other ships.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

7 days till we once again slide into a chair at the wonderful GastroBar and see how many we can 'sample' our way thru this time around!

Page 2 is the list of brew's.

The beer list looks to be the same or at least close. I am now thirsty and headed to the bar.

No Gastro Pub on the Silhouette and they still have the wine dispensers, but they have the best part. (The beers)

The beer list looks to be the same or at least close. I am now thirsty and headed to the bar.

No Gastro Pub on the Silhouette and they still have the wine dispensers, but they have the best part. (The beers)

Excellent! I'm a HUGE fan of Belgian goldens and nice strong IPAs. Is there a nice by the glass wine menu as well? When we sailed on the Eclipse, they had much better wines by the glass than any other venue. Sorry for the segue, just finding myself very thirsty ahead of this upcoming cruise :D

Excellent! I'm a HUGE fan of Belgian goldens and nice strong IPAs. Is there a nice by the glass wine menu as well? When we sailed on the Eclipse, they had much better wines by the glass than any other venue. Sorry for the segue, just finding myself very thirsty ahead of this upcoming cruise :D

Yes, I would say they have a much better list. It seems like every location has a different list of wines by the glass.