WiFi on Vision OTS?

CTNYER

Hi all. I'm traveling on the Vision for the first time. We typically cruise on larger ships (Oasis, Freedom, Explorer classes) and I was impressed with Wifi on Oasis class. We decided to do the Vision this time because we liked the itinerary, but I have a job that requires me to send/receive emails and iMessage (I know, I know - but it pays the bills). Anywho- how is the wifi aboard the Vision? Thanks :)

I've read that it is pretty poor and not as fast as Oasis. We went on the Oasis of the Seas last September and I was impressed with the wifi. I'm going on Vision in April and I'm thinking of skipping wifi and using the Internet cafe.

Hi all. I'm traveling on the Vision for the first time. We typically cruise on larger ships (Oasis, Freedom, Explorer classes) and I was impressed with Wifi on Oasis class. We decided to do the Vision this time because we liked the itinerary, but I have a job that requires me to send/receive emails and iMessage (I know, I know - but it pays the bills). Anywho- how is the wifi aboard the Vision? Thanks :)

WiFi is very slow on Vision, but given enough time, you should be able to send/receive emails. No kind of video streaming or VPN capability.

Actually, something must have happened between the srping TA and the fall TA because it was a lot worse than before!:confused:

We found that the service was very bad at the beginning of the Fall TA. We would get disconnected all time, and many times, not even get to the point where we could successfully log in to our email. By the end of the Fall TA, the disconnections were rare, though speed was still very slow.

Agree, we had a hard time on the Vision. Sometimes we couldn't even get a login screen. Data flows very slow! If you need to open up an attachment or something, you might not be able to do it.

• 4 months later...
Hello all!

Any recent news about Vision OTS wi-fi? Planning to book a Dubai cruise for next year, but as I need to work a couple of hours a day (just emails, correspondence etc) I am worried the wi-fi system is too bad on this specific ship.

Thanks!

Last month, it was as slow as ever.

• 1 month later...
Was on Vision last week and paid for higher price package for 2 days at the end of the cruise. I have to say i found it great!. Skype calls to my son with no problems what so ever, facebook ect no problem!.

We're you able to do any video streaming?

We're you able to do any video streaming?

I was able to watch clips on facebook, i didn't do much else, the main reason i got it was for skype. I was told the basic package wouldnt let me do that. I think i paid $32 for 2 days. I got 10% discount for being a gold member.

I was able to watch clips on facebook, i didn't do much else, the main reason i got it was for skype. I was told the basic package wouldnt let me do that. I think i paid $32 for 2 days. I got 10% discount for being a gold member.

Thanks for the info. Then they have made significant improvements in the internet since our Vision cruise this past March.

• 6 months later...

Found and pulled up this old thread. Last post was May of 2016. Going on the Vision next May. Wondering if anyone could provide a current status concerning Vision WiFi. Up to Oasis Voom standards yet (as if)? The last post on this thread was around 7 months ago. Thanks.

Tim

Found and pulled up this old thread. Last post was May of 2016. Going on the Vision next May. Wondering if anyone could provide a current status concerning Vision WiFi. Up to Oasis Voom standards yet (as if)? The last post on this thread was around 7 months ago. Thanks.

Tim

No upgrade, same old slow internet.

Tim

Hi there,

We were on Vision in the Med in October, right before Harmony TA. No, it has not been upgraded, but unless you are streaming or doing FaceTime, basic functions work just fine there.

I'm on Vision in Feb, and they are advertising Voom surf and stream in the Planner.

a71e32d32a5d42667bc8ca5592ab82a6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do on Liberty of the Seas as well, in fact, you can't buy a package with just Surf. Just because they advertise it, doesn't mean they have it.

Our stops on Vision were Dubrovnik, Ephesus, Santorini, and Katakolon. I had them refund my money and I used our 4 free days of Diamond Plus wifi instead. I could not FaceTime nor Periscope. The same is true on Liberty from Galveston, Western Caribbean.