Roatan - #3 Best Island In The World

BrotherCraig

Indeed it is beautiful with a completely unstable government and corrupt officials. I would think anyone would have to have more money than sense to invest down there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the place, have been visiting for many years but the idea of investing...whew, far to many horror stories. I just don't have financial risk in me and highly suggest anyone thinking about it rent for a full year before buying.

Then again, if you buy with a management company in place, a condo or behind a private gate perhaps many of the worries are solved.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Islands-cTop-g1#1

TripAdvisor just ranked Roatan #3 in the Best Island in The World category. It is a beautiful place. No wonder so many expats living there and it's growing so quickly.

Trip Advisor also ranked Infinity Bay on Roatan as a top hidden discovery hotel. I'll be making my 2nd weekly stay there shortly.

Indeed it is beautiful with a completely unstable government and corrupt officials. I would think anyone would have to have more money than sense to invest down there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the place, have been visiting for many years but the idea of investing...whew, far to many horror stories. I just don't have financial risk in me and highly suggest anyone thinking about it rent for a full year before buying.

Then again, if you buy with a management company in place, a condo or behind a private gate perhaps many of the worries are solved.

That's why we love to visit Roatan ... BUT wouldn't want to live or own property there. ;)

LuLu

• 2 weeks later...

Some people love living in Roatan others do not, some make successful relocations and investments there while others do not. There are two sides to every story and I personally know lots of people who would live no where else, so if you ever want to see or hear from the other side let me know.