Cabin across from laundry room

andrek

We will be on the Marina in January and we just booked a B2 cabin(8034). When I looked at the location of the room, there was a hanger in a box across the hall from it. It turns out that our room is kity corner to the laundry room.

Has anyone been this close to the laundry room? Can you hear the washers and dryers? If so we might have to move our cabin. I am very sensitive to noise and vibration.

Any replies will help.

Thanks

b_150034.jpgThe Laundry rooms are actual rooms, with doors that close (this photo just catches the very substantial door on the right hand side).

The washers and dryers, being front-loaders, are also exceptionally quiet.

I don't think you'll ever hear a sound.

I know that we didn't when we sailed in 9030 on the Marina's introductory cruise, and that is VERY close to the Deck 9 Laundry Room. :D

Listen to Jim. On MARINA the machines are actually somewhat removed from the hallway. I doubt you would hear anything.

On the "R" ships, which are much older than MARINA or RIVIERA, we twice had a cabin opposite the laundry room and we never heard any noise -- until we once opened our door and discovered a horde of people chattering away in the hallway while they wait for their laundry to be done.

ON the "R" ships there is no such "displacement" of the machines from the hallway. Considering that the "O" ships are much newer and the machines are not right on the hallway, I cannot believe you'd have a problem.

Mura

Been across from them on all the R ships and on the Marina. No problem at all. All you have to worry about on the smaller ships are the inconsiderate passengers who wish to arrive at the laundry before it opens and they have their own "party" until it opens. I've been on O 26 times, and that only happened once.

Just love O and have a great trip.

We pack light and thus use the laundry room frequently. People are very considerate until you get PAST the double doors. Then it's like college dorms all over again. If you plan to do laundry, learn the rules and be punctual. :)

Either way - it won't bother you in the cabin. It MAY bother you if you want to do laundry. They need faster dryers - it really messes up the "groove"