Mary Brickell or Lincoln Road?

neptune18

Getting in early Friday for a Sat. cruise. Staying at Hampton Inn Brickell. For those with experience, would you recommend lunch and hanging around at Lincoln Road/South Beach or Mary Brickell? Thanks.

How about lunch and walking around Lincoln Road during the day and Mary Brickell at night?!!

Mary Brickell is great but there isn't all that much here. There are a few small stores and some great restaurants.

Mary Brickell is about a fraction of the size of Lincoln Road.

Unfortunately not too many reasonably priced restaurants in Brickell. It is a very expensive area.

Brother Jimmys, American Social, and Balans are the three that come to mind.

Hopefully Carolyn will chime in as that is her hood.

I've only been to Lincoln Road. What I like is that there are many restaurants and most have the menu posted outside so you can look it over first. Also there are some stores and as I recall street vendors. I thought it was an interesting place.

How about lunch and walking around Lincoln Road during the day and Mary Brickell at night?!!

Mary Brickell is great but there isn't all that much here. There are a few small stores and some great restaurants.

If time permits, I like this.

But agree if only one stop, I'd head to Lincoln Rd. especially if you haven't been to Miami beach.

Mary Brickell is about a fraction of the size of Lincoln Road.

Unfortunately not too many reasonably priced restaurants in Brickell. It is a very expensive area.

Brother Jimmys, American Social, and Balans are the three that come to mind.

Hopefully Carolyn will chime in as that is her hood.

I love everyone that works at Brother Jimmy's but hate to say not the food! Ate at Balans only once and haven't gone back!

I've only gone to American Social once and they had just opened. I really enjoyed the chicken sandwich we had here. It's a beautiful place and right on the river.

River Oyster is a few steps beyond and is really fantastic. Half priced oysters and lots of drink specials from 4:30 to 7 pm every night. Greatest bartenders ever!

Bonding is right next store to that is is great Thai and sushi. You won't miss Bond, he has the largest hair spiked up in a mohawk kind of hairstyle that I have ever seen!

In Mary Brickell itself, Toscana Divino is excellent. Great happy hour at the bar.

Believe it or not, but I've always had good food at Fado's Irish Pub. Burgers at Burger and Brew are good.

Momi Gyoza bar or Momi Ramen are both very unique and excellent. The owner is just about to open a oyster bar and a wine bar here too. He also has Sumi Yakitori which has great sushi.

Le'Entrecote Paris is a a little steak frites place and very reasonable.

Vapiano is on Brickell and is really reasonable. I always love my meals from here. They make their pasta fresh every day.

Stanzione 87 is really good. Has the greatest pizzas.

Thanks for all the suggestions. River Oyster's menu looks great but I read somewhere they are moving in May. We'll be in Miami on 5/15. Do you know when, where or if they are moving?

It won't be until at least the end of May right now. Since they are building out the new space, it could always get delayed. When I find out the exact date, I can always put it on here.

If this is where you want, I do suggest making a reservation. Friday nights are always a packed night there, we are there just about every Friday night.

Consider going to Perricone's which is located near Mary Brickell Village.

A very nice Italian Restaurant with a local feel to it because many locals do dine there.

Keith

Keith,

I know you love Perricones. Have you ever tried Toscana Divino in your travels down here?

cjskids, I haven't tried Toscana Divino yet, but it is actually on our list to try next time we are in Miami.

Keith

Give it a try. It's only my opinion, but the food is better than Perricones. Perricones is really pretty outside. I love all the lights.

You will notice changes next time you are in town. The bar/restaurant across the street from Perricones (Baru) will be torn down as they are building another new high rise called FlatIron. It's a triangle shape piece of property just like in Manhattan. There are so many new high rises going on back there it's insane! It's going to make it noisy to sit outside at Perricones and give a lot of dirt, which is a shame.

cjskids, thanks for the advice.

When we were in Miami this past December for a week it reminded me of 2006/2007 with all of the cranes and construction.

Too bad they are taking down the bar/restaurant across the street. I think the height of all of these buildings are dong to detract from the area and just can't imagine over time how the roads that can't be widened will handle so many people.

Keith