Losing before Cruising April 2015

nfldpenguin

It's not just counting calories but it is also watching your carb intake. Here is a good site to start:

http://www.medifast1.com/weight-loss-plans/how-you-lose-weight.jsp

It's small nutrient rich meals five times a day with 1 lean and green meal. It is very important to eat every 3 hours.

Honestly I'm sure there are a ton of programs that if done correctly and consistently every day would work. I picked Medifast because I needed something I knew would work with my lifestyle. If I was using Weight Watchers it would be easy for me to say ok I'll eat out for lunch and use all my points and not eat at all today. With Medifast I grab 4 "meals" and go to work. I don't even think about cheating because I know I want to eat my "real" meal with my family and if I eat out then I can't do that.

I think for me watching the carb intake and being so high protein is extremely helpful and is why I've been so successful and dropping so fast. I also have a lot to lose so typically the more you have to lose the faster you lose.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Thanks, I'll check into it.

I fell off the wagon the last few weeks. I am back to tracking! This is going to sound silly but I put a picture of the ship on our fridge as motivation.

Thanks to the crazy weather here I haven't been able to go to the gym. I hate driving in the snow. Thank goodness for my treadmill.

I started back to WW the 2nd week in January. I gained the first week :o !!!

I have lost every week after, not much but it's a loss! I have some health issues and I think that might be some of the problem. My DH is also going to WW. We are cruising on the Getaway April 4th. I hope I can loose some more weight by then!!!

The last 2 weeks have been frustrating on WW. I have finally lost 2 pounds. That is only 9 since early January. Am trying to drop another 15 to 20 before our April 25th cruise. I know the key for me is more activity. Just not enough daylight hours in the day. I hope to go on a long bike ride today. Keep up the fight ladies!

Cathy

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

It has been a difficult couple of weeks with my weight but I have not cheated from the Medifast diet at all. As of this morning I'm down 39.5 pounds which is great but only down 4.5 pounds since the 22nd. YUCK!

My original goal was 40 pounds by cruise date which is still a month away so I'm going to modify and say I want to lose another 5 pounds before we leave.

Well just over 2 weeks later and I'm down just another 3 1/2 pounds... about 43 total. 2 weeks today and we cruise and in just 11 days I'm going to take myself off from Medifast and start eating 3 real meals a day to get my system ready for real food again.

43 pounds altogether is awesome! Go on your cruise, have fun and get back on the wagon afterwords!

I have lost 8 total with 7 more to go. It has been harder lately. I am just so hungry. Hoping for the weather to improve a bit next week so I can get out and walk. I know I need to now add more activity to get the last half off. Overall I am pleased cause it's hard work! Someone noticed at work last week that I had lost weight and that was a huge boost. My clothes are starting to feel a bit more loose.

Have a great week all of you!

I got out my sewing machine today and started taking in some of my loose pants after losing 30 pounds. Very satisfying. I would like to lose another five pounds, though, and these are the most difficult. My cruise isn't until April 19, and I'm thinking I need a closer deadline.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hello Fellow Losers...

I'm only 40 days away and need to lose at least 6 pounds to fit into anything from my cruise 2 years ago. I've been on thyroid medicine for the past year and all my weight loss efforts have come to a screeching halt. If I starve myself and exercise, I don't gain, but if I just eat normally I'm up 2 pounds a week. The cruise is motivating, but I really don't think I'll be fitting in those clothes. :confused: I ordered a loose sundress I'll wear ...often.:p

So glad to join and I'll keep you updated on my efforts. I'm thrilled that April is so close!!!!

Good luck everybody!!!!

Down 9 pounds since early January. It's much slower this time. At leat the new swimsuits finally fit. Cruising on April 25th. I am really going to work harder at it in March. Keep up the battle Ladies!!!

Cathy

A little late to the party but we JUST booked pride of america for April 4! I've been somewhat steadily (minus the holidays LOL) losing weight since august- 23 pounds so far. Been doing diet bets which has been super motivating. And now I have even more motivation to lose some more before the cruise since I know I will gain during it!

My eating plan is to eat under or around 1400 calories per day, and to eat no more than 100 grams of carbs most days. For exercise, I have taken up hoop dancing. So some days I hoop. Others I go to "the gym" (the beach) and get my exercise by swimming. And climbing up piles of sand.

So far so good, but I suspect I am soon to hit the spot where it is harder and harder to take each pound off. So I ordered a Jillian Michaels DVD to add a little something more traditional.

~Katy

I was doing really good, working out every day and eating well - but apparently I over did it. I was only able to work out 1 day this week, and after missing 2 days of work a trip to the chiropractor revealed a few locked discs in my lower back!

Hopefully in the next few days I'll be back on track. :)

Down only half a pound this week but still nine over all with 6 more to go. Hanging in there. Still doing WW and now eating My Fit foods once a day. More expensive then frozen dinners but also fresh and not so boring. Just five weeks till the cruise, hope to lose at least three more but we shall see...

I'm now in the final weigh-in period for my diet bet, and I have made my goal weight! It was close after a stressful weekend- I ate fine but the stress and not enough sleep and not enough water caused some water retention. Back down now, though, so when I submit my official weigh in in the morning I will be all good. I'm .3 pounds below my goal right now but I can't weigh in since my husband is asleep.

I never used to take much stock in people insisting that drinking more water helped but this past month it has been what made all the difference. I was at a plateau for a week or so, hadn't lost as much as I'd wanted to a couple weeks ago and then I started to drink a lot more water instead of soda (still drinking my diet soda, one or two a day now though instead of like 4!) and more water in ADDITION to the soda and it helped so much. Now the days I don't get as much water in I can really tell on the scale, especially if I ate salty foods (which lets face it is often!)

Now just another 6 pounds to go before I cruise next month!

~Katy

I haven't lost anything but I haven't gained either. The sun dress arrived

and it fits perfectly... wait... I should say it hides everything well!!!!

There is something to celebrate! A sundress that displays your best side is a keeper.

My WW journey has been slower. I am down 10 pounds since early January . My non-weight victory is that my new swimsuits finally fit. I will be able to wear them on our April cruise. I am working so much up to the cruise that I would not have been able to replace them. 15 more pounds to go and everything will look so much better in cruise pictures.

Keep up the good battle. We will win over the excess pounds.

Cathy

Lost two pounds this week. Great encouragement since the previous 2 weeks I had only lost a half a pound a week. Only a month till we cruise and three pounds till goal. I may not quite make make but getting close. At least my clothes will fit better. Everyone have a great week!

Lost two pounds this week. Great encouragement since the previous 2 weeks I had only lost a half a pound a week. Only a month till we cruise and three pounds till goal. I may not quite make make but getting close. At least my clothes will fit better. Everyone have a great week!

Congratulations on your loss. What a great feeling to see that scale go down.

If you stay at the same pace it seems 3 pounds in one month is doable! You just lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks. :)

Mine seems to go in fits and starts, too. I may hover around within a half pound of the same weight for a week or so, then a couple pounds will come off at once. Some of it for me is just related to my bodies hormones. Other times my body is just being stubborn!

~Katy