Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Why? Are they this stupid just saying my god leave well enough alone.

Just think what a mess this is going to be?

Just think of the mess they would create just saying and why??????? For the sake of what????

ote=TommyD3;53558088]Currently onboard Equinox.

Mast grill is now extra cost just like the post dry dock change to Constellation.

$10 for 1/2 lbs and $5 for 1/4 lbs !!!

Life has two choices yes or no. Bring food with you when you come or leave and go to the buffet

I don't have to eat lunch but many people that I watch lunch could have survived without having any lunch or breakfast on the cruise. Fat fat fat fat fat people insist on having lunch and free. Those that least need the food of the ones complaining about dry hamburgers yet the load up their plate and eat with a mouse as full as Chipmunks. I hope you find a happy medium or bring your own thing with you when you come simple. Make sure you pick up your towels on your chair when you go inside for lunch so people like me can have them for an hour

You're very nasty and notice you're also on roll call for same cruise as me in September.

I'll have to look out for you pixey plate watching at lunchtime!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

The reason Celebrity is doing this is to increase profits. However, has anyone considered the fact that if you leave cheap (included) food such as the popular burgers and French fries by the pool people will fill up on them and eat less of the more expensive food later for dinner? I understand some people can continue eating non stop, but that is not the majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exercise daily for 2 hours with routines I gave in Maryland several years back as as a water aerobics instructor.I feel good perhaps younger than most but then again you're as young as you feel. How old are you?

Most sail on Celebrity for what is supposed to be higher quality food in the first place with higher prices for the cabins. You can cruise other cruise lines for avg food and much better entertainment and perks in some cases. In my opinion Celebrity should roll this improved burger and hotdog as a free enhancement to their product to attract customers not run them off. This has worked well on a Carnival with a Guys Burger joint. Many sail certain Carnival ships just for the burgers now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can say it was delicious and am happy to have a tasty burger option that did not exist before. If you don't want to pay $10 just don't do it. But you might want to try first........:):)

As an adult with adult tastes you find this a satisfactory burger to buy.

But if you pay the $10 to buy this for a 10 year-old child, will the child like it or just take one bite and threw the rest away?

Gourmet burgers may make sense to adults, but what about to children?

My letter to CEO and my humble opinion- 10 dollar hot dog is ridiculous.

Dear Ms. Lutoff-Perlo,

I can't believe I am writing this e-mail over recently installed menu charges at the Mast Grill on the Equinox.

We are a late middle aged couple who enjoy cruising greatly and currently take at least 2 cruises a year- many more (hopefully). We have enjoyed Celebrity as our 'go-to' cruise line but have also cruised with Princess, HAL and NCL with good results.

We recently understood that the Mast Grill was adding a surcharge of 5 and 10 dollars for hamburgers and 10 dollars for a hot dog? We will be on the Equinox for an 11 night cruise in a few months and one of our favorite activities is lounging around the pool and grabbing a simple lunch at the Mast. Now getting a hot dog will cost me 10 dollars? I am sorry but this is clearly ridiculous. I can go to any 'high priced' sporting venue in the country and get a very well prepared hot dog for 5 to 7 dollars. Paying 10 dollars on a cruise line seems completely misplaced and unrealistic.

The option of dragging ourselves soaking wet into an air conditioned buffet to grab a 'free' hot dog or hamburger seems ridiculous (and a potential health and safety concern).

I understand the need to increase profitability but this seems a really poor area to focus on this effort..

We are OK with charges for specialty dining,etc. where we have a choice and the product offered is a clear upgrade but taking away the convenience of the Mast Grill (this is its primary selling point) because of onerous charges seems mis-directed..

If these 'higher end' products were offered in conjunction with regular fare we would not feel as if this was a blatant attempt to extort more money from your passengers.

Alternatively, why not offer these products in a venue were they might be better enjoyed in an enhanced dining setting.

Please be aware that consumers can make major purchasing decisions based on seemingly minor policy changes. We recently cancelled a NCL cruise after we learned of their policy to not include bottled water in their drink package and the practice of charging a gratuity on a 'free' perk.

As satisfied (to date) Celebrity customers we appreciate your consideration of our comments and clearly would not take time to express them if we felt them trivial.

Sincerely,

Did you send this or just post it here?

It is funny though to see 300 or so complaints on something that no one has tried. And although many are saying its not about the money, it is, since that what the complaint is about. It's not a complaint about the quality of the product since most all have not tried it, or even the loss of the free product (which is still available 5 minutes away).

I know that the previous quality burgers and franks are available in the buffet (at least for the hours in the afternoon the buffet is open), but I have not heard if veggie burgers are available at the buffet.

Does anyone know?

Edited by caribill

Johnny Rockets on RCL charges a $10 fee for their burgers but it is in a great atmosphere and fun presentation. Big difference.

Bigger difference. As I remember it, the Johnny Rockets cover charge allows you to have as many burgers as you want. If you want two, you do not have to pay twice as much.

Anytime a place refers to their product as the "world's best" (or some similar wording) I significantly lower my expectations.

There is a burger place near where we live that proudly advertises that they are the "Home of the Almost Famous Hamburger."

No claim to being the world's best, so it costs less than $10.

My wife and I must be in a minority as we don't go on a cruise to dine on pizza, burgers, hot dogs, sausages or fries.

If we want them many places around us have happy hours with 1/2 lb angus burgers for $5 or less

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I am the same way too. I will not eat burgers or pizza while cruising.

It doesn't surprise me that penny pinching is a part of the modern luxury experience on X.

By the way if you really feel that you're hungry sitting next to one of these people that stuff food in their mouth faster than they can chew it you will get an obnoxious feeling in your stomach and not want to eat. What is even more interesting as many of these people are on scooters because they're too fat to walk. I use a Rollator and do the best that I can. Salad bar with a little balsamic dressing in a huge huge dish would serve them fine

Life has two choices yes or no. Bring food with you when you come or leave and go to the buffet

I don't have to eat lunch but many people that I watch lunch could have survived without having any lunch or breakfast on the cruise. Fat fat fat fat fat people insist on having lunch and free. Those that least need the food of the ones complaining about dry hamburgers yet the load up their plate and eat with a mouse as full as Chipmunks. I hope you find a happy medium or bring your own thing with you when you come simple. Make sure you pick up your towels on your chair when you go inside for lunch so people like me can have them for an hour

Wow....fat shaming people on vacation who are simply enjoying themselves...Do you even realize how shallow and vapid you sound? Shame on you.

Why do you think you get to dictate how others enjoy their vacation?

BTW, your stupid smiling emojis don't cover up how nasty you are on in the inside. You belong in Mean Girls

MV5BMjE1MDQ4MjI1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzcwODAzMw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,706,1000_AL_.jpg

Edited by CruisingUS

Exercise daily for 2 hours with routines I gave in Maryland several years back as as a water aerobics instructor.I feel good perhaps younger than most but then again you're as young as you feel. How old are you?

Many people don't have time to work out or chlorinate for hours like you do b/c they are busy contributing to society in different ways. Ex. Lawyers, doctors, researcher scientists, and etc all have very demanding schedules that can easily break 80 hours/week. Ugh....your judgmental attitude REALLY gets under my skin.

Also, I am in my 20s. How old are you?

Many people don't have time to work out or chlorinate for hours like you do b/c they are busy contributing to society in different ways. Ex. Lawyers, doctors, researcher scientists, and etc all have very demanding schedules that can easily break 80 hours/week. Ugh....your judgmental attitude REALLY gets under my skin.

Also, I am in my 20s. How old are you?

Couldn't agree with you more CruisingUS:

If you look at some of pixey's previous contributions to other forums he/she obviously has issues with anyone that is bigger than them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I am the original OP from a few weeks ago who reviewed the TDBB on Constellation. Will this type of thread be repeated every time Celebrity introduces a new TDBB across the fleet?

It seems a lot of customers aren't happy with the change. I guess so. Especially since they haven't made a big announcement about the change, and are just seemingly randomly surprising it on people.

Bigger difference. As I remember it, the Johnny Rockets cover charge allows you to have as many burgers as you want. If you want two, you do not have to pay twice as much.

Johnny Rockets on most RCL ships is a sit-down diner with a cover charge. However on Anthem of the Seas it is set up much like the TDBB - order at the counter near the pool and take away- but I think about half the price.