MIA check in

Starflyr3

We're going on Sky in June and I'm trying to make flight arrangements. I've been to MIA before, but last time was 6 years agoish. We'll have suite disembarkation. Is 11:30 reasonable for a flight?

Also, for round trip, I've checked with American, for the 4 of us, it's 2300 in coach and 2800 in first class. If I spring for the extra $500, does that cut lines in MIA like it does at DFW?

We're going on Sky in June and I'm trying to make flight arrangements. I've been to MIA before, but last time was 6 years agoish. We'll have suite disembarkation. Is 11:30 reasonable for a flight?

Also, for round trip, I've checked with American, for the 4 of us, it's 2300 in coach and 2800 in first class. If I spring for the extra $500, does that cut lines in MIA like it does at DFW?

First class will certainly get your the priority line at MIA. Sometimes it can also be long, but won't be as long as regular security.

If I could make a suggestion since the flight from DFW into MIA is fairly short.

For $100 a piece, you can do global entry. That will give you TSA precheck and is good for 5 years. It's a life saver at places like MIA. With the TSA precheck you also won't have to take off your shoes, belts, laptops out etc. I fly frequently out of MIA and it's never taken me more than 2-10 minutes (usually 5) to get through security at MIA at all times of the day.

For $100 a piece, you can do global entry. That will give you TSA precheck and is good for 5 years. It's a life saver at places like MIA. With the TSA precheck you also won't have to take off your shoes, belts, laptops out etc. I fly frequently out of MIA and it's never taken me more than 2-10 minutes (usually 5) to get through security at MIA at all times of the day.

How do you apply for global entry? I think I might already have it.. not sure.. vaguely remember American sending me something about it some years ago... how do I check?

How do you apply for global entry? I think I might already have it.. not sure.. vaguely remember American sending me something about it some years ago... how do I check?

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

Unless you went through the extensive application and then went to a major airport for the interview, you may have done something else.

I love having it. Makes getting back into the country so much easier and makes dealing with airports so much easier. Can't wait to try in at Port Everglades next month.

Edited by cjskids