Quest & Journey reviews on Cruise Critic

BBMacLaird

These past couple weeks we've been reading cruise reviews on Journey (thank you Deirdre and Sleep7 Claudia!)

I just realized there's a place on CC where others have published reviews as will. Did you see it up in the stickies?

Here's a recent review of our Quest...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=264182

Love to hear your thoughts!

Bonnie

Hi Everyone,

As a follow-up to Bonnie's post, I'm posting direct links to Azamara's Member Review Section, on Cruise Critic :

Azamara Quest : http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=409

Azamara Journey : http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=410

Hope this is helpful !

I would suggest a sticky, but my experience over on River Cruising is that nobody reads them ... ;)

Hi Host Jazzbeau ~ there is a sticky...that's how I happened to notice it. I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't read through all those stickies at the top until this week. Here's the sticky: Back from your Journey Or Quest Sailing? Please write/submit your review...

Hi all!

I knew about the review link but I felt it was too much to post a review in both places. Didn't want anybody to think.. oh geez.. her again?? Enough with the closed Cartier stores woman!!:)

I dunno about that. Your golden adventure led to a really nice tangent. Anyway, the reviews on the Review forum of CC are not the same as the ones you write here. Here, they're stories and travelogues; there, they're more like succinct little guide book recommendations that you can read in a few minutes or less. Some people are more elaborate of course but most aren't. Basically all you need to do is answer the categories below with a sentence or two in the body of the report, star it appropriately and you're done. I don't write those quickie reviews as often as I should, which is a shame because I actually do read them before choosing ships when we sail on Royal Caribbean. Azamara's easier of course--haha, choice of two!!!

Embarkation:

Public Rooms:

Cabin:

Fitness & Recreation:

Enrichment Activities:

Rates:

Dining:

Entertainment:

Service:

Shore Excursions:

Value for Money:

Overall:

Hi again Deidre!!

It's so funny that you said that!! I actually totally rely on those quickie reviews too when choosing a ship but don't leave them as often as I should.

And I love Azamara as well as there are only two and I really find them equal.:)

I would suggest a sticky, but my experience over on River Cruising is that nobody reads them ... ;)

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

Perhaps it's because the River Cruising forum is somewhat less active ? My experience is, on the more active forurms, such as Celebrity and Azamara, the Sticky's work very well. Yes, they need a little prodding at first, but whenever a new Sticky is created, I always create a second thread, alerting members to the new Sticky.

At the end of the day, I suppose it depends on each forum and the participants. Just my .02 cents.

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

Perhaps it's because the River Cruising forum is somewhat less active ? My experience is, on the more active forurms, such as Celebrity and Azamara, the Sticky's work very well. Yes, they need a little prodding at first, but whenever a new Sticky is created, I always create a second thread, alerting members to the new Sticky.

At the end of the day, I suppose it depends on each forum and the participants. Just my .02 cents.

My sticky was for newbies. I suspect that they are less likely to check stickies, since they don't know their way around CC yet. I have needed to direct several new thread OPs to the sticky, but at least that way I don't have to repost all the links over and over. :)

These past couple weeks we've been reading cruise reviews on Journey (thank you Deirdre and Sleep7 Claudia!)

I just realized there's a place on CC where others have published reviews as will. Did you see it up in the stickies?

Here's a recent review of our Quest...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=264182

Love to hear your thoughts!

Bonnie

Well, Bonnie, I wrote my thoughts down in Cruise Critic review format and whaddya know but my review was chosen as one of the five Review of the Week random picks and Cruise Critic is sending me a little present!! It's Halloween today and I got a treat instead of a trick. ;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121442

Edited by dln929
spelling

Well, Bonnie, I wrote my thoughts down in Cruise Critic review format and whaddya know but my review was chosen as one of the five Review of the Week random picks and Cruise Critic is sending me a little present!! It's Halloween today and I got a treat instead of a trick. ;) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121442

Thank you Deirdre for the five-star review on CC! You're a great writer and justly deserve recognition, and little gifts ;). The second part of your blog post on your Journey cruise is due out but I don't know when exactly. Soon!

Well done Deirde. Richly deserved. Enjoy your prize pumpkin;)

Phil

Haha very funny Phil. It's probably Cruise Critic luggage tags. :p I wish you'd write another review. That one you wrote about going through the Suez Canal and the black-out curtains at night as the Journey slipped silently through the waters was just so cloak-and-dagger exciting!

Edited by dln929
grammar

• 2 weeks later...
My sticky was for newbies. I suspect that they are less likely to check stickies, since they don't know their way around CC yet. I have needed to direct several new thread OPs to the sticky, but at least that way I don't have to repost all the links over and over. :)

Hi Jazz, I DO!! I'm not a Newbie to CC, but it's the first thing I check when I'm "new" to a board, sort of like figuring out the "rules of the road" when you drive a new state or country;)

I am also very bad at...ahem:o...editing my reviews down for the review area of CC, and tend to do long trip reports and not contribute to that section. I should do that now while I'm thinking of it!