Opinions on Lower Decks Please!

summer_girl

We prefer a deck closest to where we'll spend the majority of our daytime hours....it just makes life easier if you don't have to wait on elevators for those times when you go back and forth to the cabin.

There is nothing "bad" about ANY deck level...it's all personal preference!

I see you sailing on the Elation- Nothing wrong with lower decks-- they are cheaper-

They also feel less motion then higher decks.

JUST be careful whats above or below you-- the galley could prove to be noisy

I usually sail the lower deck, in inside cabins. I enjoy being near the inside public venues, and being able to easliy go up or down a couple of flights to the MDR. I don't spend much time on the Lido, as I am well beyond the sunning/pool age. I will take the elevator up to the buffet for breakfast, or a snack. The times I have been on a higher deck, I have not liked the reverse travel. EM

Have never stayed on an "upper deck". We get a midships OV cabin with an unobstructed view. Ship's movement is barely noticeable. Close to disembarkation locations on port calls. But it can be a hike to anywhere else on the ship, MDR is always aft, show room is forward, Lido is up etc etc etc.

John

I have only been on one cruise and was on the "Upper Deck"...deck 6. Now getting ready to book another cruise, the better deals seem to be on Deck 5 and 4...any opinions on going to the lower decks??

You didn't say what ship, or type of cabin. Be very careful and check the deck plans for the ship.

You might be near galley, under a dining room or near a night club. Inside cabins may put you under the walk ways for shops, etc.

Plus many ships have the life boats located on these decks, so many cabins have obstructed views.

So, do your homework. Always check what is above or close by. Those better deals may not be worth it.

Archived