Summit question - trying to decide Summit or Anthem

missingyou

Looking at cruises to Bermuda out of NJ. Considering Summit over Anthem due to the 3 days in port vs 2 for Anthem. I haven't been able to find on the Celebrity website if Summit has a basketball court or anything similar. We will be traveling with our 18 and 23 yr old son and daughter and they love basketball so it would be a perk for them while wife and I relax. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Looking at cruises to Bermuda out of NJ. Considering Summit over Anthem due to the 3 days in port vs 2 for Anthem. I haven't been able to find on the Celebrity website if Summit has a basketball court or anything similar. We will be traveling with our 18 and 23 yr old son and daughter and they love basketball so it would be a perk for them while wife and I relax. Any info is greatly appreciated.

As of last February, there was a basketball court. I think the kids program uses it occasionally. Check out the deck plan on Celebrity's website. It's on deck 12.

Yes, the Summit has a basketball area on deck 12. But the two ships are vastly different. I have to believe that the Anthem would appeal to the son and daughter way beyond the BB court. But then the Anthem is more of a destination, itself, while the Summit is a wonderful way to be transported to Bermuda. Perhaps that is why the port stays are different.

We did the cruise to Bermuda with young adult guests on the Summit last year and on the Grandeur the year before. I think our college-aged companions found more to do on the Royal Caribbean cruise than on the Celebrity cruise. We enjoyed both, but I think that our experience on the Summit was largely due to one very engaging and energetic activity host. Our girls basically followed him around and did whatever activity he was hosting. Notably, he is the ONLY activity host on board. Celebrity doesn't emphasize games and activities, and that's what our crew likes to do.

I'm afraid the Anthem of the Seas would be too big for us (we didn't like Reflection--everything seemed SO FAR AWAY that getting from Point A to Point B became exhausting to contemplate) whereas the Summit is the perfect size for us. Otherwise, I think we'd try Royal again.

Summit would be a really nice cruise for the 2 of you, but going as a family with a 18 and 23 year old, I think you should stick with Anthem. They will enjoy that ship much more than Summit.

...But then the Anthem is more of a destination, itself, while the Summit is a wonderful way to be transported to Bermuda. Perhaps that is why the port stays are different.

That is the PERFECT way to describe the two ships. I know my 23 & 26 yr. old sons would prefer the Anthem simply because of all the things there are to do on that ship but I think they'd miss the quiet ambiance of the Summit.

We were on the Quantum last March. The experience was the worst of any of the 35 cruises we have ever taken, including: Celebrity, Royal, NCL, Princess, Disney and Carnival.

I strongly suggest you read under reviews, member reviews before finalizing your Anthem plans. We thought, based on all of the activities offerend on the Quantum it would be wonderful. We love the Oasis and Freedom class royal ships. What a disappointment. Crowds, long lines and disorganization. Food blah- Shows fair. I did read the reviews prior to our Quantum cruise and foolishly couldn't believe it was so- but it was.

We will be traveling with family on the Summit in August and while fewer activities for kids and teens, I believe they will have much to do. We are also sailing to Bermuda, so we will be off the ship for three days.

Enjoy your cruise.

I think they are removing the basketball court and putting in a movie venue. There is a video describing the renovations on the website.

I just watched the video and it doesn't say anything about basketball/sports court being removed.

I just watched the video and it doesn't say anything about basketball/sports court being removed.

Hello,

Correct, the movie area is being added to the very aft section of the deck...it is not removing/or replacing the sports court. The sports court will still be there !

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr