hotel in rome

adammovies

I do not know either of the hotels you mention and can't recall seeing anyone talk about them on this forum. You might put the names into the "Search this Forum" box at the top right and see what comes up if you want specific recommendations. Or check Tripadvisor.

$175 isn't a lot for a hotel in room, especially during prime season. There are some hotels in the Termini area that are fairly nice for that price -- but the trade-off is the location, which is not lovely and not as centrally located for sightseeing.

We wanted to be near the Coliseum so booked Hotel Fori Imperiali Cavalieri and I've got a review up on Tripadvisor. Location was perfect, easy walking distance to the Coliseum and the Roman Forum.

Also close to small restaurants off the main thoroughfare which allowed for a more local experience. We were there end of October and paid about $135 per night. I communicated directly with the hotel to get a price that didn't include the mini bar but included breakfast.

Breakfast was simple. Nothing to write home about. But certainly sufficient to get us going for the day.

• 2 weeks later...